Blue Jackets Concept

Brass

Not bad, reminds me of a concept from a while ago, but I cant remember it too well. If you had taken away a few more stars, you would have 17 which would work because Ohio was the 17th US state.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Honestly, I see red/white/blue and a "C" design on the logo, my first thought is Washington Capitals. Columbus is a state capital, and I realize the inspiration drawing from the Ohio state flag, but this looks like something better suited to a team from a national capital, not a state capital. Were it not for the Copperplate font for the numbers, I'd swear this was a Caps concept.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Honestly, I see red/white/blue and a "C" design on the logo, my first thought is Washington Capitals. Columbus is a state capital, and I realize the inspiration drawing from the Ohio state flag, but this looks like something better suited to a team from a national capital, not a state capital.

VitaminD,That logo is a columbus bluejackets logo. Not sure if u just said it looked like a caps concept or you thought it was a made up logo? :therock:

but anyway, this concept looks cool, nice job brassbonanza97. ^_^

VitaminD,That logo is a columbus bluejackets logo. Not sure if u just said it looked like a caps concept or you thought it was a made up logo? :therock:

No, I know it's a Blue Jackets logo. What I meant, was that looking at a jersey with those colors, all those stars, and a "C" featured prominently, my first thought is that it's something more befitting the Caps.

As for the C/star, I like it for the Blue Jackets. But all the stars are not something most people wouldn't associate with Columbus, Ohio, unless they were somewhat familiar with Ohio's flag. And since the Caps used all the stars on the sleeves and across the bottom hem for nearly 2 decades - with very similar colors - people would be more likely to associate such a pattern with the Caps, not the Blue Jackets.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

No, I know it's a Blue Jackets logo. What I meant, was that looking at a jersey with those colors, all those stars, and a "C" featured prominently, my first thought is that it's something more befitting the Caps.

I figured you knew. Just wanted to clear things up if you didnt... but you are right it does look like a caps concept.

I like the look of it, just like I like the look of the Jacket's current third jersey, but I just don't like the whole "Team USA" feel of it. I think they should have gone with something that applies to the team more, though I've heard that it's the Ohio flag or something to do with Ohio.

Archived