Indiana Pacers Concept

14er

I thought I would make a Pacers concept since they have the kinda new logo for next season. I tried to give it a fast look since there the pacers with the racing name and all. Comments Welcome.

Home

indypacershomecon0ww.png

Road

indypacersroadcon7bm.png

Alternate

indypacersaltcon8ea.png

This is a sweet look. I think pinstripes look a tad silly on basketball uniforms and the current pacers look is just too busy. The shorts are outstanding.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It wasn't so much that the numbers were too big, but that they are too squat. They're so horizontally compressed that making them smaller leaves only more blank space. These are 7-foot tall men wearing these jerseys; squat numbers leaves a lot of plain, blank jersey to look at. A different font (or an elongated version of the one you used) would help, although the numbers on the front look about the right size.

And white numbers on yellow are still really hard to read. Numbers are there for identifying players; if you can't read the numbers, they serve no purpose.

The other stuff you've got here, I really like. Just noticed the little crotch stripe; what for? Do you want us looking at the crotch for any reason?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I don't think its a crotch stripe... its a continuation of the side stripes around onto the bottom of the rear of the shorts. Maybe he hasn't shown it perfectly because of the template but its nowhere near the crotch and you wouldn't see it from the front normally... at least that was my take on it.

liverpool-1.png

Yea the stripes are wrapped around the back. There was no back sort view on the template and it looked like there were seams on the template( like dividing the front and back) where i put the stripes ending. I believe these 2 stripes are what vitamin d is talking about.

That's really really good. The only thing is I don't like the font you used for Pacers or the # font. Simplify that and I think you've got a winner.

And also on the yellow jersey, make the numbers and where it says Pacers Navy.

Send those to Pacers management.

buffalo_sig.png

I made the numbers longer. It looks a little better but i think what is making it look so blank on the back that is that I didn't put the names. I didn't know how to arch it and couldn't find a real good font so i just didn't fool with the players names.

indypacershomecon6kp.png

indypacersroadcon7wp.png

indypacersaltcon9px.png

According to the Indy Star, this is what is happening to the jerseys this year:

Minor changes (probably new wordmark on all)

Yellow jersey - nothing but new wordmark

Blue Jersey - no pinstripes

White Jersey - no pinstripes

As far as this concept on the blue jersey have yellow numbers and letters, on the yellow have blue numbers and letters.

Yea the stripes are wrapped around the back. There was no back sort view on the template and it looked like there were seams on the template( like dividing the front and back) where i put the stripes ending. I believe these 2 stripes are what vitamin d is talking about.

Yeah, that's what it was. I get it now. I didn't register that, and I just saw disconnected crotch stripes. My fault. So then, the side stripes swirl around the backs of the thighs and end where we see them? I guess backs would make this easier, but I think I can envision what you're going for here.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like this concept but I think the numbers on the back are still too big. Imagine trying to fit two wide numerals on the back. They wouldn't fit at all.

As for the arched names with paint: Find the center of the name and don't arch that letter. Arch each letter outside in increments of 5 degrees (or higher depending on how long the name is) and then line up the bottom of each character almost touching and you should have a pretty decent looking arch.

Untitled-1.png

Archived