LOGOLYMPIAD: Closing Ceremonies

Congratulations to all the medalists. :grin:

Another great job running the big contest, WiB.

The anonymous entry system seemed to work well.

Just one suggestion - lose the judging panel.

The decrease in participation that occurred in the later rounds may be due to the discouragement people felt when the time and effort they spent on earlier entries seemed wasted because their work wasn't up for consideration in the public vote.

woot I'm one tarhelltider!

haha just playin..

nice contest all

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm assuming that with the popualrity of this year and last year's events, the Logolympiad will continue into the future. perhaps something to conisder for the future is a rookie division for new posters.

Going along the trail of though that new guys may be intimidated to enter, or will be looked over, maybe a smaller pool in each event for new posters to try their skills may increase participation

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm assuming that with the popualrity of this year and last year's events, the Logolympiad will continue into the future. perhaps something to conisder for the future is a rookie division for new posters.

Going along the trail of though that new guys may be intimidated to enter, or will be looked over, maybe a smaller pool in each event for new posters to try their skills may increase participation

Two divisions might work.

As it is now, it seems like most of the entries are mid-level. None of the big guns enter, but the new guys are still intimidated.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I think seperated into different programs would work well. People who use certain programs are at a slight handicap.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I really didnt have time to enter. Maybe do one contest a week.

That would be a good way to do it. It would stretch the event out considerably, but say, start on the Monday, then have the deadline on Sunday, give the entire week to submit something, so people who work have time to come up with something and submit, the on Monday start another entry

I think Brass has a good idea, it would probably expand the medal count and size of hte contest considerably, but divide up into program pools, Illustratior, Photoshop, MSPaint. It would level the field for each program, put more emphasis on ideas since you don't have to worry about putting a Paint concept up against an Illustrator concept

I think Brass has a good idea, it would probably expand the medal count and size of hte contest considerably, but divide up into program pools, Illustratior, Photoshop, MSPaint. It would level the field for each program, put more emphasis on ideas since you don't have to worry about putting a Paint concept up against an Illustrator concept

I agree that there should be different divisions for different skill levels, etc., but can you split them up by program? No, because there are many different programs that people use and limiting them to 3 programs is further handicapping people. I use Paint Shop Pro 8 and me having to learn Illustrator or Photoshop, nevermind the expense, would completely put me out of the competition.

Two divisions might work.

As it is now, it seems like most of the entries are mid-level. None of the big guns enter, but the new guys are still intimidated.

I definitely was intimidated by entering, but did so anyways, and then was discouraged by the results.

...And that's just me, and I'm usually a bold and daring person. Nobody knows how the others felt, especially those who still use paint.

Archived