not a throwback

Bears in orange....

not a throwback

Bears in orange....

not a throwback

Bears in orange....

not a throwback

why??

DirtyCurty, I bet that is what it'll be. Doesn't make it right though.

I'm going to be real upset if I don't get to see the Jags in black this year, they most definatly should be wearing them at least once.  Hell, I'd push for the Black full time.

I concur. Seriously, grown men should not wear teal or turquoise or whatever the hell it is they wear. If they wanna do an alt. they should go with their very underused gold.

Really? The Dolphins have been wearing teal (aqua) since 1966. Went undefeated in 1972. I'm sure Larry Csonka would love to be called less of a man for wearing a teal jersey.

Just because someone wears something doesn't mean they should...like fat women in spandex.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Oh god now I'm scared. Please tell me its just like...white numbers instead of blue numbers. Or all the stripes are blue. Something like that. Not another design.

Zubaz, baby, Zubaz.

(I keed!)

Wow. I'm really, really surprised by the Panther's decision not to go with the blues this year. I'm also saddened that the Broncos are skipping the orange alts.

I wasn't a fan at all of the Dolphin's orange alts. They just hurt my eyes. I would like to see them wear a navy alt, maybe even one with the aqua pants, just to see how it would look.

And sometime in this lifetime, instead of collegiate blue, I really, really want to see the Fouts-era throwbacks, if only just once.... B)

Maybe I'm the only one to see the irony, but the Eagles wearing the black alts vs. the Raiders is just classic. Maybe Davis will sue. Haha.

I was gonna post that. Whos the genius who decided to do that. Anyway I want to see the Jags black unis. But like last yr, this prolly isnt all of them yet.

And sometime in this lifetime, instead of collegiate blue, I really, really want to see the Fouts-era throwbacks, if only just once.... B)

AMEN!!!

you know if you asked me the question as to which Chargers throwback i would chose five years ago i would say the Lance Alworth era but now after watching a crapload of Chargers highlighhts from the late 70's and early 80's i would have to say the Dan Fouts era uniforms :) .

imo the powder blues should be worn full time, and i know that there are many chargers fans who agree with me. however i also know that there is a sizable number of chargers fans who perfer the fouts-era set. i havn't come across many who like the current look (not enough yellow).

so how about this:

bring back the fouts-era unis full time, and keep the powder blues as throwbacks for once/twice a season.

Why wouldn't Atlanta and Seattle wear anniversary patches if Miami and Tampa Bay came in the league the same years in 66 and 76 respectively?

So the Falcons don't have to keep reminding themselves that they've yet to have consecutive winning seasons in 40 years....

so how about this:

bring back the fouts-era unis full time, and keep the powder blues as throwbacks for once/twice a season.

Sounds great!!!

That would be a heavenly dream for me, Icecap. I flipped over the Chargers in 1979 and have never looked back. My wife know that when the Bolts are playing, that all else in the universe cease to exist during game time.

I don't hate the current look, but I think just a smidge more yellow would do alot to brighten them up (like my avatar!). The throwback are good for one or twice a year, but not beyond that. I actually scratch off games with the throwbacks as ones I don't want to go see.

Wnd I just remembered...I would love to see the Seahawks in lime-green alts for one game. That would be cool, and require sun-glasses! B)

thank god cleveland wont subject us to their orange "college" uni's this year.

Not promising anything, just what I found on NFL Shop's site:

00320817_l.jpg

EDIT:

Found this on eBay:

Julius Jones alt jersey "2005"

I would've immediately dismissed this as a fashion jersey, but I've yet to see a Reebok EQT/Repli-thentic fashion jersey, except for throwbacks, and even then, they're based on the real deal.

*** AGH CRAP ***

The Cowboys' online store lists the silver alt as a fashion jersey.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I am still wondering whose idea it was for the Pats to have that silver alt. They should have used red.

Uh-oh.

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Uh-oh.

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

nice avatar :lol::D

Gracias.

It's the one I designed that caught patsox's eye. He was making similar ones for every NFL team, but I haven't seen the thread in a while. It may be in Concepts, but I know he was missing some teams, and there were some tweaks that were needed.

For now, I've got something we should all pledge allegiance to. Waiting to see one of these in person at the Linc... it's only a matter of time.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived