Lost_limey tweaks the NFL

lost_limey

Dolphins: It looks a little too bland, and the old Dolphin is one of those things you beat to death and just leave it to die, never to see it again. I'd add some striping and use those colors with the current logo.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd add some striping and use those colors with the current logo.

I back & forthed on the current logo, but couldn't find a good substitute for the Navy. Also, the lack of striping is a homage to th '72 team, who I understand did quite well, in that half of them didn't have striping.

JH42XCC, you really have to be patient, some of us on this board dont spend all day either creating stuff for these boards or sitting here waiting for someone to post on the boards

Alright, I hear what you say. So I'll do it!

YOZXkBG.png?1

DOLPHINS: Love 'em! Great concept, LL. I really like the return of the striped socks - I wish more teams used the socks as a chance to identify themselves the way hockey teams do. Especially now that sleeves are going the way of the dinosaur.

Thought question for LL (or anyone else who wants to answer):

In your revised logo, the dolphin in the logo is wearing a helmet. On the helmet, instead of the traditional "M", is a dolphin jumping in front of an orange sun that looks eerily like the dolphin from the logo. If the dolphin on the helmet of the dolphin in the logo is wearing a helmet, what is on that helmet? The logo of the logo of the logo?

:blink: I just burst an aneurysm trying to wrap my mind around that concept. Gotta go.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Here are my opinions on the uniforms previously posted:

Ravens: Perfect.

Bengals: Make Black Primary Home uni; Love the tiger on helmet.

Browns: Perfect.

Steelers: Lose the logo on jersey; still looks good.

Bears: Perfect.

Lions: Add 1950s Jersey as Throwback Alternate.

Packers: Perfect; love the green pants.

Vikings: Perfect; bring back the purple pants!

Bills: I'd rather use helmet from Bruce Smith days (1987-2001); still looks better than the hideous unis they now wear.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Removing the silver doesn't look half bad. And making the shoulder stripes white on the home and alternate helps distinguish it from the Texans. Good work overall.

The Texans? Darn, I didn't even think of those. I was so concerned on making it not look like Buffalo, I overlooked Houston entirely. And I felt the silver was both unnecessary and not patriotic.

Awesome concept. Only one execption, make the helmet like the old Patriots helmet.

Nah, Pat really doesn't go with the the current uni concept, which mine is very obviously based on.

I like pie.

Removing the silver doesn't look half bad. And making the shoulder stripes white on the home and alternate helps distinguish it from the Texans. Good work overall.

The Texans? Darn, I didn't even think of those. I was so concerned on making it not look like Buffalo, I overlooked Houston entirely. And I felt the silver was both unnecessary and not patriotic.

Awesome concept. Only one execption, make the helmet like the old Patriots helmet.

Nah, Pat really doesn't go with the the current uni concept, which mine is very obviously based on.

I like pie.

Actually, I was going to consider keeping the helmet the Pats have now.

YOZXkBG.png?1

And why I'm here, it's the New York Jets (Yay! I'm done with another division)

afceast_newyork.gif

Next: Dallas Cryboys

Then: New York

Hey man, this concept looks nice.

By the way, its the Dallas Cowboys that are next, followed by, you guessed it, the G-Men!

YOZXkBG.png?1

I really like the Patriots concept. Giving them a blue helmet really makes them look sharp although if it isn't for the outline, it'd blend in and that's a problem.

I must ask this. Why use the older wordmark for the Jets? I happen to like the round logo.

I must ask this. Why use the older wordmark for the Jets? I happen to like the round logo.

It's actually the current wordmark witht eh Jet/Plane from the older wordmark. And I did that so that they had something to do with their name in the identity package.

YES! I love that Jets logo! Looks great on the helmet.

The Jets jersey's look a little to bland, or should I say:

IT NEEDS MORE COWBELL!

Well, you didn't have a lot of colours to work with anyways, so I would

have to say that overall this is a great concept.

BTW: Love the Ravens, Bears, Lions concepts :D

afceast_newyork.gif

Next: Dallas Cryboys

Then: New York

I'm so glad you didn't do too much to alter these. The Jets have by far my favorite uniforms in the NFL. I like what you've done. A small suggestion would be to keep the circle going around "Jets" on the helmet.

afceast_newyork.gif

Nice work, but not quiet an upgrade to the current Jets set. I think what they currently use is perfect for them, however I do like that you did away with the white/white combo as their regular away unis. Green pants on the road should be a permanent thing.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived