Longhorns helmet change?

Island_Style

For traditionalists this is the look that most Longhorn fans associate with the "glory years".I dont see what all the uproar is about,especially if it's only for one game.

Growing up in Arkansas AND Texas I've seen those old game films between the 'Horns and 'Hogs and THIS is what I always saw,so for those of us actually old enough to remember the old Southwest Conference then this is'nt that big of a thing and certainly not the worst thing ever put on a helmet.

Seriously. With all the ridiculous Nike swooshes and stripes taking over, this is a refreshing change BACK to classicism.

Bring it on, I say.

Texas' unis are classic and they have not messed with them much over the years (unlike just about everyone else). Those throwback helmets are not great but they are nothing to puke over. Some people can get crazy with little effort.

Texas is going for the pre-1967 look:

f4f0d59b.jpg

f4f0d59c.jpg

f4f0b4b7.jpg

FsQiF2W.png

F OU

I think you gotta beat 'em before you can F 'em

So that's why I haven't gotten any lately.

I'll test your theory tomorrow night.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually, the numbers don't even look very well on Alabama. I'd much rather see Alabama go without anything than the numbers.

But that's just me. I also realize the numbers on the helmets are a tradition at Alabama. They look dorky everywhere else, with the exception of the Chargers' throwback uniforms. But those are only two exceptions to that.

Get rid of those damn numbers, Texas.

it's great to know that they have the approval of a great graphic designer and artist like Vince Young....oh wait you mean Vince Young is the quarterback?? Oh but wait he IS majoring in liberal arts...that must be why he is so qualified to decide what texas will wear on the field this season.

Seriously why do players have the say over what the uniforms will look like- this hearkens back to the whole Florida New Uniform discussion, but to me it is dumb

F OU

I think you gotta beat 'em before you can F 'em

doesnt that qualify as sexual assault?

I didn't look at it that way, but considering the way OU bends UT over each year in Dallas on national TV and takes the Longhorns' collective manhood, I can see the reference to sexual assault.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I DO like them as a commemorative one-time thing. Why I said the number/logo combo didn't work for Texas is that they both "fight" for attention in the middle of the helmet.

In the Chargers' case, the arched lightning bolt is toward the top and out of the way. That's why that works better.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I DO like them as a commemorative one-time thing. Why I said the number/logo combo didn't work for Texas is that they both "fight" for attention in the middle of the helmet.

In the Chargers' case, the arched lightning bolt is toward the top and out of the way. That's why that works better.

Compare that to Wisconsin's throwbacks which have the W front and back and the number on the side. Again, separated and attractive.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived