NHL Video games

hormone

OK, it's like this brand vs. that brand and everyone has their favorite. I'm looking for the most realistic (since I haven't bought hockey in a few years and the NHL is back). I don't want to win 11-10 every game and go 75 wins with the Pens and have 66 score 120 goals. Price is nice, but not an issue. I'll buy the better game. Also, rosters are huge for me. Being a Pens fan, I want Crosby in there already and I don't want to trade 30 guys all over the place to get a current NHL roster. I don't mess with that online stuff either. I just play the game by myself or vs my friends. I don't go online to d/l rosters either, that's why I don't feel like trading around a ton of guys.

So, Do I go with the 2K series or the EA series? Should I just wait until next year (due to roster issues)?

KISSwall09.jpg

if ya want Crosby in there, wait for roster updates after the season starts, there's a rule that a player needs at least one game under his belt before he can appear in an NHL videogame...and Sid won't do that for real til October. Anyways, I prefer Sony's Gretzky series myself (though I should probably wait til the third installment to call it a series ;) ), cus EA's series usually sucks IMO, and 2K5 tended to get boring. But then again, that's only if ya ask me B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Haven't played Gretzky. But based on the 2004 games ( didn't bye 2005 cause there was no hockey) EA is the way to go for gameplay that's also because of one thing. In 2K the players are to stiff and not fliud enough. If you want old teams and mini gamnes then 2K is for you. i say you get NHL 2006 by EA Sports that's what i'm buying also FIFA 2006!

untitled-6.jpg

I bought NHL 2005 a couple days ago(was 20 bucks, needed 1 more game to trade in and get Madden free). So anyway I bought NHL played it for 2 dasy straight and it very, very fun. Ill definately look to pick up NHL 06, unless Gretzky or 2k blows it away.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived