CCSLC MEMBER WORK STOLEN!

Brass

Well it's not on a large scale, but I am taking private summer graphic arts classes in my hometown. We had a project to make an idea for a sports team on either paper or the computer. We were to pass it in. While adding my finishing touches to it, I put it in the pile. When I was about to put it in, I noticed a familiar logo that was passed in by the kid before me. It was this. Exactly as you see it. It's Braden's hard work.

I really couldn't believe it, and I'm not sure if I should tell the instructor or not. Since this was the 2nd week we've been together as a class, I don't know who the kid is. He is my age (16) and lives in CT. So, it's either a member here, or a common guest.

I just wanted to bring this up. I don't know if it is that big of a deal, but I just wanted to tell you guys.

Thanks!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would direct the instructor where to see the artwork on the internet. They can judge for themselves how to handle the topic.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Just email her the same link you showed us. She can put 2 and 2 together.

What's the point of PAYING for a course to get better, and then cheating?

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Call the kid out!

If it were me...I'd talk to him before I go to the instructor.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

You HAVE to tell your instructor about this. In all likelihood, the person's gonna keep doing it, because there's no way to prove that it isn't them.

As joel said, first ask to remain anonymous, then show them the website, with a trail (such as "Go to the CCSLC page, click on this link, etc.) and show them that the person and Braden are not the same (maybe by using Braden's webpage, if he has one, or simply by pointing out his location in the forum profiles).

I know that if someone was getting credit for my work, I would be PISSED. You have to do the same.

reminds me of the time in my drawing class freshman year where we werent allowed to use a ruler, and some jackass did use one, and you were able to tell because there were no erased lines on a complex drawing. but yeah, the first hint on this one would be the proper spelling on colors, the teacher will know one way or the other. just tell her, and this dude will probably get kicked out without a refund.

but yeah, the first hint on this one would be the proper spelling on colors...

That may be all you need to get some discussion started. Unless he is a transplanted Canadian/Englishman living in Connecticut, he's making an unconscionable transgression. And he's betting on the fact that no one will catch on - maybe he thinks this is an obscure site to the people in the class and he can pass this off as his own. But if you let him slide, he'll get away with this and not only is he ripping off a nice concept from Braden but he's not going to learn a lesson he sorely needs.

I would go confront him first - show him the link yourself if you have to - but let him know you're on to him. If he doesn't own up to it, or protests, go to the instructor. Either way, don't let him get away with it. Being 16 is no excuse, you should know right from wrong by then.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The lesson this kid needs to learn from this is "Crime Doesn't Pay".

Eventually, you'll get caught.

Now is his time.

Tell the instructor, and I'm sure Braden would be happy to provide whatever assistance is required to back you up.

It's up to you whether you tell the instructor yourself, or just flip them a copy of Braden's work anonymously.

With Braden's name and logo all over it.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Most schools have an honor code that binds you to report any cheating of which you are aware. A lot of times, if you don't report the cheating and someone finds out that you knew about it, you'll get in a bit of trouble also. I don't think it's worth you getting in trouble for, so I would go to the instructor, and give all the info you can. You've got to say something. Whether or not to tell the dude, that's a hard one. I think I would, but only after reporting the cheating to the instructor. Good luck, brassbonanza.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

He-who-shall-not-be-named (cough:JoeKolodziej:cough) was the person behind the IHA scandal of marketing logo concepts done on this board for teams in the league without permission of the artists. He is also prone to much litigation and fraud.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

He-who-shall-not-be-named (cough:JoeKolodziej:cough) was the person behind the IHA scandal of marketing logo concepts done on this board for teams in the league without permission of the artists. He is also prone to much litigation and fraud.

Wait, so someone passed off all of your logos as his own and tried to give them to some league?

Were the logos a part of a contest, or what? How did you all find out?

Archived