CCSLC MEMBER WORK STOLEN!

Brass

He visited the board representing himself as the person in charge of a new hockey league. I guess he had been an occasional visitor, and had seen a lot of the commissioned work that was displayed here. So he asked members here to submit entries for a few teams in the league.

Come to find out, he was passing himself as being in charge of the league when actually he was just a potential investor (I think). He was using at least one of the logos in press conferences, thus presenting the artwork as the completed work, when in fact it was not finished, and the artist had not been compensated.

Word had also come about that this person had a history of shady business paractices and litigation. And in the subsequent months, he was still using uncommissioned logos to advertise his involvement with the league.

This incident was the beginning of the watermarked artwork being displayed here. Granted, it's a public forum, and there's always a risk of the artwork being stolen, but at least a watermark makes it just a bit more difficult to take.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this was a English comp class it would be called plagiarism and someone would be sent packing with no questions asked!

Well put Zone. It's plagerism, plain and simple. Just contact the instructor, provide a link to the origonal work and let them handle it from there. It may only be a summer course, but that shouldn't mean he should get away with it

Maybe you shouldn't say anything. Then next year, you can say to the kid "I know what you did last summer" :D

Yeah, I know. Lame joke.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I could send the teacher an e-mail if they need the proof. I hate cheaters.

Well... I'm quite shocked to see that it was me considering I've already made an update to that logo. I figured it would happen to me someday... but on that? Oh well.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

That's a good idea Braden...it may save brassbonanza some headache if it comes directly from you, the victim of the theft.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I recognize Braden's work anywhere. And this isn't the first time I've seen this. To copy an astounding artist's work is not only bizarre, but downright lazy, effortless, and stupid.

If I were Braden, I would demand royalties from the culprit...on his day in court.

go to the teacher....in provate, jsut tell the teacher, and then it is out of your hands, and you don't have to worry about it.......of course go to higher people if the teacher doesn't care etc....

brass, do what you think is right

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Brass, send this over to the teacher; absoultely no sense in injecting yourself into the middle of this. Play the role of "a concerned citizen" and let the "police" (professor/teacher) handle the punishment.

This kid should be tarred and feathered for this. Maybe that's too extreme.... I just wanted to type "tarred and feathered."

Cards.png

I've contacted a couple of people here whose works were being used by others on the internet, and another who was connected to the logo as well...

In all cases the logos vanished.

So people are going to "steal" logos for different purposes.

In none of the cases were the people using those logos representing it as their work though--so this case is different--he's caliming it as his own--I'd let the teacher know...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived