Weird thing I kinda Noticed

pcgd

The logos are looking pretty similar...

brisbane%20ofa%20guernsey%20ls_a.jpg

prem135x75.jpg

I know both logos have been around for awhile, but I really have no clue on how long the Primiership has used the Lion, I believe Brisbane has used their lion since 1996 but it could be older than that.

Just weird that they are both profile views of a lion, both holding a ball of their sport on the ground. The EPA logo is much more polished and it adds the crown and a different tail.

I know they aren't exact, but they are pretty dang similar. Worth noting I suppose. Or not. Decide for yourself. I'm sure someone else has noticed this before.

A lion in profile is a fairly common image in heraldry. You can see the many moods of a side-on lion here. I'd say both logos were equally inspired by this classic look, and whacked a ball in the best possible spot to make it look sporty.

A lion in profile is a fairly common image in heraldry. You can see the many moods of a side-on lion here. I'd say both logos were equally inspired by this classic look, and whacked a ball in the best possible spot to make it look sporty.

Well then the problem with the Brisbane's Lion is that it looks like it made a try in rugby. :D

I saw, I came, I left.

The thing with the Brisbane lion is that part of the merger agreement they have with Fitzroy is that they continue wearing that Lion forever.

I would think there's far better lion logos, LMU and the EPL lion for instance, but they're stuck with that one.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Well then the problem with the Brisbane's Lion is that it looks like it made a try in rugby. :D

It's not the lion's fault that it doesn't have opposable digits...

The other problem with the lion is that its supposed to represent Queensland and Victoria, but he's almost identical to the lions on the New South Wales state crest :D

liverpool-1.png

Archived