Souvenir T-shirts

TwoRsAndTwoLs

Does it bug anyone else when a sports team sells player T-shirts with their name and number on the back, but the typefaces don't match the actual jersey? I was just in Chicago, and they had like, Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Aramis Ramirez, Derrek Lee all correct, but the Cooperstown Collection Ryne Sandberg one (which I wanted and ended up buying) was not.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Most fan t-shirts are done that way. It's just an easy way of showing player support without getting bogged down with accuracy. There are Red Sox shirts done for just about every player, and even some no longer on the team. They're either made by Twins Enterprises, Russell Athletic or Majestic.

You can still buy an "El Guapo" t-shirt in honor of Rich "El Guapo" Garces. The most irritating thing about that jersey is that there is a tilde "~" over the L. There is no such letter. The tilde goes over the N, or O (if it's Portuguese). The tilde was probably added to make it look more Spanish, but it's extremely grammatically incorrect.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You can still buy an "El Guapo" t-shirt in honor of Rich "El Guapo" Garces. The most irritating thing about that jersey is that there is a tilde "~" over the L. There is no such letter. The tilde goes over the N, or O (if it's Portuguese). The tilde was probably added to make it look more Spanish, but it's extremely grammatically incorrect.

That is intensely messed up, man.

And I hella wouldn't buy a Red Sox shirt unless it had that distinctive Red Sox numbering. Actually, what bugs me more is when I saw people with Cubs jerseys with plan block one color tackle-twill... which I saw a lot of.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

That's why they are called replicas. They are not intended to be 100% accurate.

Nice point. I saw umpteen different versions of numbers and letters on Cub replicas when Kerry "Waiting for the DL-Train" Wood had a rehab start against the Sounds here in Nashville. Tons of folks on Cubbie gear that night.

RobbyBox2.jpg

Yep.

The Mets are horrible with this. They sell many different versions of the same shirt - the typefaces are different on the blue, black and orange shirts!

You forgot white.

I don't mind it that much. 4 different David Wright shirts ain't a bad thing. ^_^

njd.gifnym.gifpats3gr8.jpg

That's why they are called replicas. They are not intended to be 100% accurate.

Not necessarily. I'd consider them more "fan jerseys" than replicas. Although, in the sense of the word, if it looks pretty much like the authentic, it can be considered a replica. The NFL and NBA jerseys are much closer to the authentics, so I'd consider them replicas. But I also have a sleeveless Celtics T-shirt with the correct number and name silkscreened on, but it's more of a fan jersey because it's a T-shirt.

At a quick glance, if you can't tell the difference, it's a replica. If it's obviously different, it's a fan jersey.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

it's not the teams faults, it the companies making the t-shirts. I chalk

it up to laziness. Why the same companies who make jerseys, don't just use the same art for tees is odd. They could just as easily ask for the number and name fonts/artwork

from MLB or create it from scratch based on replica and authentic samples.

I personally would be more apt to buy the tee if it looked just like the jersey.

what bugs me even more is when they sell Yankee replicas with #3 on the back

and actually put RUTH in machine block letters. A replica to me should be

cheaper (ie: materials, screen numbers etc...) but as accuarate as the authentics

in their aesthetic. If the onfield jersey doesn;t have names, either should the replica.

If your a fan, you shouldn't need a name plate to tell you who is #3 for the Yanks.

I know what you mean with the Red Sox shirts, but that's just something you've gotta accept and let go. I bought a Jason Varitek shirt about two weeks ago, and I checked to make sure that the numbers weren't wrong, but they still looked inaccurate. I bought it anyway, because I'm a Varitek fan, but you just have to realize that nobody's gonna make an exact shirt for $15.

Archived