New Red River Rivalry Mark

artvandelay

....Apparently shootout is offensive now.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. The NCAA sent a memo to all universities with "border war"-liked named rivalries that terms indictating war, death and/or destruction must be changed. Thus, the Red River Rivalry.

Not sure everyone complied though.

Cards.png

Yeah, because brawl is such a bad word. When I first heard the word brawl I started beating my gym teacher. It got pretty bad. Words are a serious matter.

Pretty soon it's going to to be so bad that we are going to start naming it the Red River Football Get Together. I don't think they are even allowing schools to use the word "clash" either. Have any of these people watched a football game?

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

From what the local sports radio station here in Dallas was reporting, SBC made the request for the change.

They did, in fact here's a link to the press release from SBC

SBC Red River Rivalry PR

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

I like the logo...hate the name. I thought that was when the OU players lined up back to back to the Texas players and they took ten paces and turn around and shot. My bad. You mean all this time, it was a football game? :wacko:

KISSwall09.jpg

Hmm... seems like "caved to sponsor pressure" is worlds apart from "NCAA forced them." Any more conspiracy theorists want to decry the fall of modern civilization over the name of this game, blaming it on the NCAA, liberals, evolution theory, Halley's comet, the common cold, sparrow migratory patterns, or a vision of the virgin Mary in a slice of bread?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't know, on the Pitts news last night, they had Jesus' face on a Perogi. Maybe that's who did it. All in all, I think society as a whole is becoming weak. Everyone can't be talked about or physically pushed around. I'm not saying you should be able to call someone a derogatory name or physically beat someone down, but if you say or do the slightest wrong thing, some lawyer will have someone pumped up enough to sue you.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived