New Red River Rivalry Mark

artvandelay

Its not the Cotton Bowl thats so bad, its the West End the night before that'll get ya.

I don't know if anyone reads the 3-Point Stance on ESPN.com, but this is what they have to say about the names being removed for post season play....

"Friday, August 12

1. A reader e-mailed me this, and it's true: the word Oklahoma comes from two Choctaw words meaning "red people." I guess this means that the NCAA will ban the university name from all postseason play. "Welcome to the championship game between the Florida State -------- and the ------ Sooners!"

StadiumSig.gif

At least they avoided the over used term "classic"

Of course, they already use that name for the NCAA bowl game, so why use it twice.

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

That name is terrible. The P.C. police are running amok.

You know, even "Rivalry" is a little too confrontational. Let's make it the Red River Handholding and Cuddle Session. And wait, we had better take out the word "Red," just in case a Native American might not realize that the Red River is so named because of the red dirt through which is runs. We had better go with Texas-Oklahoma Border Handholding and Cuddle Session. Yes, that will work just fine.

We had better go with Texas-Oklahoma Border Handholding and Cuddle Session. Yes, that will work just fine.

You mean the "Discover Platinum Card Presents The SBC UT-OU (as NML pointed out, "Oklahoma" is an Indian word meaning "red people", so that's out - and writing out Texas would be unfair to the people living in the State Formerly Known By A Potentially Offensive Indian Word) Border Handholding and Cuddle Session, brought to you by godaddy.com".

Say THAT 3 times fast! :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

What are they going to call the new period in hockey after overtime? If they call it a shootout, I may have to take to the streets with my hollow points.

And what if an archery or pistol competition is tied at the end of the contest? What then? Should we even be having these sorts of competitions in the Olympics, since target shooting uses the same equipment involved in some shootings?

:P (again)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived