rams are wearing the gold pants!

vini

Idiots. Freakn' idiots. They got the Giants road unis wrong too. Does anybody know if the Bengals numbers are block like in the game?

of course they aren't, they're the same as last years. geez, even keeping them as the broncos #'s like in 05 would've been better. But how about my boy Matt Cassel lookin sharp for the Pats???

Video games will never be -- nor should they be taken as -- anything resembling a true reflection of reality.

Heck, if your good enough, you can win the Super Bowl with the Cardinals on that thing.

that's not the point. for a company who's slogan is: "if it's in the game, it's in the game", madden is horribly inaccurate this year.

Here's the deal:

I don't play Madden (or any other video game for that matter), but it's pretty obvious to me why most of these errors are occuring...they are using the NFL Style Guide verbatum for coming up with their uniform sets.

The Style Guide has the Rams with Navy Blue jerseys and White pants as standard, with the White jersey with Navy Blue pants. The Gold pants are officially an "alternate" set of pants.

In addition, these video game creators are using the "UniformFonts" files that supplement the uniform guides. These files outline all of the numbers and lettering (player nameplates) including the height of the numbers (front and back). For some reason, the NFL has never updated the Bengals' UniformFont file to reflect the new dropshadowed number font on their uniforms. They still have their old set in there. However, the uniform guide DOES have the new numbers in the "mechanical art" section, so they really DON'T have an excuse for this error.

The Giants - I'm not sure what is happening there. Everything's up-to-date in their files.

I should mention - because I know what's coming - that I really cannot share these files. I've been avoiding this a little bit, but I need to tell you all that I do have a contact with access to these files, and he sends them to me as they are updated. And, my agreement with him is that I cannot distribute these at all. I could get in BIG trouble if any of these got out. This pretty much goes for my MLB, NBA and NHL stuff as well. (Enough of you have access to the NBA files as well, so they are not that big of a deal.)

Sorry to be like this, but in order to continue researching this information, I gots ta be careful.

one caveat, pantone - the "away" rams uniform is white jersey/gold pants. so if the blue pants are the standard and the gold pants are alternates, that makes no sense. also, for the part, oh, 5 years madden had the rams with gold pants at home, so changing it now makes absolutely no sense.

one caveat, pantone - the "away" rams uniform is white jersey/gold pants. so if the blue pants are the standard and the gold pants are alternates, that makes no sense. also, for the part, oh, 5 years madden had the rams with gold pants at home, so changing it now makes absolutely no sense.

Don't know what to tell you - Navy Blue/White and White/Navy Blue are how they're depicted. With Gold pants as an alternate. This file is dated "08/15/2003", so they've been listed that way since then.

However, I just re-opened the file and there is one note: "Pants are interchangeable with jerseys". So there you have it.

remember: this is only pre season, and the rams have been known to try different pants/jeresey combos for the pre season. i'll wait until the regular season to pass judgement on madden's uniform laziness. for all any of us know the rams could be intending to wear the white pants/blue jersey combo as their regular season home uni. or mabey that that the seahawks DO plan to ditch the all blue look. wait for the regular season to pass judgement.

Jeez...just opened up the Giants' "UniformFont" file, and they DON'T have the new road numbers - they've still got the older Red numbers trimmed in Dark Blue. THAT'S why they're wrong in Madden.

thanks again pantone. looks like you've solved this one. those idiots at ea sports take the unis word for word out of the nfl style guide. you would think being the exclusive officialy liscenced nfl game they would give all the teams a call ask them what uni combos they would be wearing for the upcoming season and make them available in game.i'm pretty sure you said the cards had changed their style guide to list red and white pants interchangable as well but they are not available on the game so i guess they blew it on that one.

even if the seahawks don't plan on going all-blue this year, it still should be a uniform option IN CASE they do, or at least because they have in the past and option should be available to you. just like the rams.. it just seems like poor judgement to get rid of something that had been there for years, and not even include it as an option, especially when you put a gold 49ers uniform into the game, etc.

i agree even though i hate the all blue seahawks uni if there is a chance the team could wear it or if it is listed officially as one of the options they do have then it should be"in the game". having the niners all gold or the raiders all silver is a joke. they have all the official uni combos for each team period.

mine has the block font on both for the bengals.

you'd think they'd be all over that, or atleast a quality control person.

I'm pretty sure the right font is on a couple of the "alternate" sets for the Bengals.

I don't really blame EA for using the style guide...after all, it IS an official NFL publication, and one would think everything would be correct. I just wonder why the graphics people didn't put in a couple hours more work to make sure the unis mirror real life.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived