Need help

RickV

Hi, does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove heat pressed numbers and letters from jerseys? I have several jerseys that I would like to alter but cant figure out if I can remove unwanted numerals, etc. Any suggestions, or am I hosed?

metslogo_215.gif

Hi, does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove heat pressed numbers and letters from jerseys?  I have several jerseys that I would like to alter but cant figure out if I can remove unwanted numerals, etc. Any suggestions, or am I hosed?

You're not hosed. The youth hockey organization I played for used heat pressed numbers, and some years you could see where the old number had been on the jersey. Our organization was very good about getting you the number you wanted. The numbers left a "film" permanently on the material, but you you coulnd't really see it unless you were up close. So it CAN be done. How is another question. I would suggest going to a place that does custom jerseys to see if they can do it for you.

There's a solvent that removes heat-seal letters and the residue that you can purchase through Stahls. It's not cheap but it does the trick. Go to stahls.com

We have our own heat-seal machine and we use the stuff all the time. Don't breathe in the fumes. It's pretty strong, so Good luck! :rolleyes:

Archived