Colts' New Turf

sj32

I'm watching the Colts play on their new field turf. Markings are the same as they were on the old astroturf with one notable exception - the helmet at midfield now has a grey facemask.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it does look great because it is field turf. the seahawks was the best because theirs was fielsd turf. the ravens use something called real play which is horrible . i believe the saints have switched a couple of times. the bills have astro play it looks like crap when it is real sunny it looks way too fake. detroit uses field turf and it looks great. i'm not sure what the bengals use? what did the rams use it did'nt look bad at all. the vikings turf looks all kinds of ugly because they are sharing it with the twins. i've heard that they use a different type of that turf for baseball a harder thinner surface. something about the vikings turf... the color looks really fake but that could from the lighting in the metrodome. it even makes their color purple look weird. anyways my point is field turf is the only way to go it looks the most real and gives you the best playing surface of any of the articial turfs

the bills have astro play it looks like crap when it is real sunny it looks way too fake.

Huh. I always thought the Bills' turf looked great. The worst FieldTurf/AstroPlay I've ever seen was the old Eagles turf that was used at the Vet the last couple years of existance. Talk about fake-looking...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

the bills have astro play it looks like crap when it is real sunny it looks way too fake.

Huh. I always thought the Bills' turf looked great. The worst FieldTurf/AstroPlay I've ever seen was the old Eagles turf that was used at the Vet the last couple years of existance. Talk about fake-looking...

That was NexTurf, another SRI product. I think that stuff was half natural grass, half synthetic grass.

NexTurf, or Nexturf, or whatever is another "artificial grass" surface (as opposed to artificial turf, or paint-the-asphalt-green). The hybrid surface is DD GrassMaster, which is grass with plastic blades put into it (see HERE) to make it, they hope, stand up better. That's being used now at Invesco Field at Mile High. There was also another surface that was supposed to use a screen through which the grass was supposed to grow, and that too was supposed to make the grass hold up better. But I don't think that's used anymore.

Go figure -- you can grow grass in New England, and Philly, and Pittsburgh, and GREEN BAY, but not in Cincinnati or Baltimore. Or Madison.

Packers-2.png

The Rams also put this type of field turf in the Edward Jones Dome this offseason.

Same design as years past, or have they changed it up?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Try here, not the best but all I could find.

http://colts.com/sub.cfm?page=actionphotos

If I'm not mistaken, those pictures are of the tokyo dome. If you look at the last picture on the first page, in the top left hand corner you can see it says

YO DOME. You can also see many Japanese advertisments in the background.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

watched a bit of the Bears-Rams game, and the Rams' endzones are no longer blue...I didn't get a real good look at the endzone, but IIRC it simply has the Rams wordmark by itself now.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived