ANYONE With any NBA News?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alternates (with primary jersey color) needed for the C's (black), Cavs (black)...Pistons (black-fitting for a 'bad boy' look...Jazz (black)

why would those teams add a black alt when their colour schemes don't include black? the REAL bad boys pistons team managed to pull off that identity without black. adding black for the sake of adding black is an idiotic trend that needs to end.

The C's already had decided to go with a black alt last year, didn't use it, & now are rolling it out sometime this year. The other 3 teams (cavs, pistons, jazz) should go with black because it is a universal color, looks sharp, and sells great. The Jazz's former uniforms had a black alt even though it wasn't in the palette and it sold more than the other 2 jerseys. LeBron was in a photo shoot right after he got drafted wearing a black Cavs jersey that was awesome. The pistons are already planning an alt according to AAO and what are they going to use? Red? Come on.

ujsignature.png

Red?  Come on.

why not? at least it's part of their colour scheme. teams that don't have black in their schemes shouldn't have a black alt. but you sau it's ok just because it's a universal colour. no, no, no. should classic teams like the montreal canadiens, new york yankees, los angeles lakers, green bay pakers, chicago bears, etc... all have black alts just to sell more merchindice? no. black works with some teams. for most it dosn't.

i'm sorry but i still can't get believe that you said the pistons should go to black. the pistons have the best unis in the leauge. very classic looking. why would they add a black alt just to get in on the hip hop trend? sorry, but most unis are better off with little or no black.

The Celtics weren't going with a black alt uniform. It was a green (maybe slighlty darker) uniform with black trim and lettering, and read "Boston" across the front.

Reebok made fashion black replicas (evidenced by the ultra-wide shoulder strap). They weren't "true" replicas, just fashion versions.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Jazz's former uniforms had a black alt even though it wasn't in the palette and it sold more than the other 2 jerseys. LeBron was in a photo shoot right after he got drafted wearing a black Cavs jersey that was awesome. The pistons are already planning an alt according to AAO and what are they going to use? Red? Come on.

The Jazz black uni sold better because it wasn't purple and didn't have a huge-ass mountain on it. And a Pistons red alternate would be the best choice for them. Black would be just stupid.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Celtics weren't going with a black alt uniform. It was a green (maybe slighlty darker) uniform with black trim and lettering
According to NBA Live 2005, which does get peeks at unis prior to unveiling, the jerseys were black-nearly identical to the Reebok replicas. I'm sticking with the black version. Somebody conceptualize and post both a red and black alt for them and we'll all see...

ujsignature.png

The Celtics weren't going with a black alt uniform. It was a green (maybe slighlty darker) uniform with black trim and lettering
According to NBA Live 2005, which does get peeks at unis prior to unveiling, the jerseys were black-nearly identical to the Reebok replicas. I'm sticking with the black version. Somebody conceptualize and post both a red and black alt for them and we'll all see...

No, they were green with retro North Carolina-style striping (straight down the jersey, stripe forms an upward triangle on the pants with a three-leaf-clover on the bottom.) and Boston across the chest.

I should know, I loved those jerseys so much I played 3 seasons on dynasty with em. :P

rkapierce31.jpg

This was the proposed alternate the Celtics had but never used. Delux, quit acting like you know everything because you sound like a complete idiot.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

LeBron was in a photo shoot right after he got drafted wearing a black Cavs jersey that was awesome.

IIRC, that was the Cavs' proposed/unused navy alt, not black. Don't know if that'll go the way of the Steelers' proposed yellow alt or what, as they haven't tried to introduce it since.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

http://sports.ign.com/articles/644/644564p1.html

Click on videos and download/stream one of the movies. The away uniforms are not vintage ones and they certainly never looked like that before. Looks like the black trim is gone, and some other small things were added. To me, it looks better. The lighting in that game sucks so you can't really see them, but it looks okay. They have to be new, don't you think?

Maybe someone can help me out on this...

Anybody with a picture of that proposed/unused navy cavs jersey they can post?

He was wearing it on the cover of the 2003-2004 NBA preview guide from Athlon Sports.That was the only time I have ever seen it but if anyone could find that back-issue it would be a nice find for the pic.

98Falcons.png

http://sports.ign.com/articles/644/644564p1.html

Click on videos and download/stream one of the movies. The away uniforms are not vintage ones and they certainly never looked like that before. Looks like the black trim is gone, and some other small things were added. To me, it looks better. The lighting in that game sucks so you can't really see them, but it looks okay. They have to be new, don't you think?

Maybe someone can help me out on this...

Please answer.

Archived