KC Scouts Update

jkrdevil

Okay, I have been working on a KC Scout update logo. The big thing I wanted to do was bring the yellow mor einto the logo so I used it as the shading. Constuctive comments are need and that's all I want. This is a preliminary version.

scoutsupdate.gif

I like the addition of yellow.

One criticism: by making the circle around the Scout smaller relative to the statue, there are now areas where the circle intersects the Scout and/or the outline of the Scout. Moreover, the circle is broken between the horse's rein and his head, as well as between the Scout's right arm and head. And the red becomes especially thick where the horse's front legs and the Scout's feet are, near the bottom of the circle.

A suggestion: now that the statue is better defined with the addition of gold, drop the red outline around the statue. Make the circle red, and where the statue breaks out beyond the circle, extend the red outline around those parts (right arm - feather - horse's head). Less red around the statue, plenty of color on the statue, red outline maintained around everything.

Great work so far. Are you also considering a wordmark, now that the "KC" is gone?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Careful there. The NCAA will ban that logo for the postseason.

Oooh, look, a dumb knee-jerk comment, having nothing at all to do with jkr's concept. How quaint.

Anyawy, I can't say I'm a fan. It just looks muddled. Maybe it's just not quite my style. (And I never thought the original version was a very good logo either, so I suppose that taints my judgement.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like it! KCScout should consider adopting it for the IHL.

I am KCScout76 - and I approved this message . . .

and the logo is very nice - I like it alot!!! Great job JKR. :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Mockba, I'm sorry, but every time I see an American Indian logo these days, I can't help but think of the NCAA.

It's a shame. The Kansas City Scouts were named after a very, VERY classic statue that overlooks much of Kansas City. But the way the NCAA acted, it seems if it were up to them, that statue would probably have to be torn down.

It's not a knee-jerk reaction. It's heavy sarcasm.

Archived