Best NHL Alternate Jersey

kingssss

Which Team Wears Your Favorite Alt Jersey?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like how they tied in something Calgary is well-known for with the flaming horse head, so I went with the Flames.

Other favorites include the Blue Jackets and Wild.

And I'd also nominate the Rangers, the Liberty logo does look really nice, but there's one big hump I have trouble getting over:

nynjliberty7qt.gif

Geography. :P

njd.gifnym.gifpats3gr8.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree with Cole (I'm a Stars fan too). Our third's suck. I don't mind the bull-constellation idea, but the uniform is wretched. Red has NO place in a Stars uni. I saw the gold 'proposed' look in '03.....kind of Saints-esque.

newsig.jpg

who in god's name voted for dallas?! that's by far the worst uniform in sports today.

i voted for toronto, but it was hard to decide... my favorites on the list are toronto, chicago, phili, nashville (yes... nashville... it's ugly, but that's why i love it. at least it's team colors, and has a logo that's recognizable as it's team... more than can be said for my stars.)

i voted for dallas to annoy cole ^_^

temp.png

Buffalo Sabres Hockey Est.1970

I voted for the Blue & White, because that sweater carries a REAL Toronto Maple Leaf logo, a lace neck and has conventional full block numbers. No frills, no yuk-yuk cartoon mascots. They should make a blue version of this sweater and make them both their primary uniforms. The Ballard Leaf should be retired- permanently!

GO LEAFS GO! :flagcanada::hockeysmiley::flagcanada:

I'm seriously shocked that the Flyers third is getting so many votes. The logo has potential, but the jersey was executed extremely poorly. What's with those ridiculous white dips on the sleeves? What element of the Flyers identity inspired those?

I've always thought those 'white dips' looked like bird beaks myself. Strange.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

1. Thrashers

2. Preds

3. Jackets

Love my T's blue!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I voted for the Wild, but I like the Leafs too. My lifelong Chicago-ness won't let me appreciate the Black Hawks (get it?) jersey, as I'm too attached to the red.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

I love the bluejacket's alt jersey, best jersey in the league, I actually have two. My dad got me one for my birthday and then my aunt in phoenix mailed me one on the same day. I customized one with Rick Nash maybe I'll put Adam Foote on the Blank one.

Other alt jerseys I like are Philadelphia's, Nashville's, Buffalo's, and LA's

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I like them all, except the Ducks, Stars and Avalanche. But I voted for the Isles just to be a homer, cause I couldnt really decide.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

I voted for: Blackhawks (I wish this was their home jersey)

Givin' some love to:

Wild (meh jersey, but nice color scheme)

Rangers (credit or blame them with starting the 3rd jersey trend with such a great jersey)

Columbus (great jersey design; love the stars down the sleeve. Only the Jackets can pull that off)

Sens (now just use the 2D Senator on the front!)

Hating:

Islanders (whoever said only the Flyers and Tennessee can pull off orange is correct. Illinois isn't bad at it, either.)

Thrashers (the "Atlanta" sleeve kept me from putting this jersey in the "love" category. I'm a sucker for powder blue ^_^ )

Stars ("Mooterus" is all you need to say)

Preds (Don't like the color; a bright yellow would have been fine)

sportsbanner-single.jpg

As a Rangers fan I am partial to the lady liberty jersey but I have to say The Blue Jackets alternate is the best. They found a great way to incorporate the Ohio flag and the colors are great. Whoever said they should make it the primary jersye is 100% on the money. I live near Columbus (I became a Rangers fan before the Jackets came along.) and I just wish the team was as good as the jersey.

BB52Big.jpg

I voted for the Blue & White, because that sweater carries a REAL Toronto Maple Leaf logo, a lace neck and has conventional full block numbers. No frills, no yuk-yuk cartoon mascots. They should make a blue version of this sweater and make them both their primary uniforms. The Ballard Leaf should be retired- permanently!

GO LEAFS GO! :flagcanada::hockeysmiley::flagcanada:

2 words: I AGREE

and....

I think the new expansion teams have no right to make 3rd jerseys.

And I'd also nominate the Rangers, the Liberty logo does look really nice, but there's one big hump I have trouble getting over:

nynjliberty7qt.gif

Geography. :P

Liberty Island

It is sometimes said by New Jersey boosters that "the Statue of Liberty is actually in New Jersey." (In one extreme example, a 1994 newspaper article quoted one Richard Boggiano of Jersey City as insisting that the proper street address of the Statue of Liberty is One Communipaw Avenue, Jersey City). Such statements are incorrect. As noted above, Liberty Island has been owned by the Federal government since 1800. It is within the territorial jurisdiction of the State of New York, a status that was reaffirmed by an 1834 compact between New York and New Jersey, and which has never been officially disputed.

The belief that Liberty Island is "in" New Jersey could be a mistaken inference from three facts:

- Liberty Island's close proximity to Jersey City;

- its appearance on maps on the New Jersey side of the state line;

- New Jersey's victory in a 1998 lawsuit with New York over the ownership of Ellis Island.

It is indisputable that Liberty Island is much closer to Jersey City than it is to New York City. One reminder of this is furnished by the special New Jersey license plate celebrating Liberty State Park in Jersey City, and featuring a picture of the Statue of Liberty.

It is also indisputable that maps draw the boundary between New Jersey and New York in the center of the Hudson River, with Liberty Island situated well on the New Jersey side of the line. The State of New Jersey in fact does retain the riparian rights to all the submerged land surrounding the statue, extending eastward to the boundary line. Perhaps a case can be made for language to the effect that Liberty Island is "geographically" within New Jersey's borders. But New Jersey has never claimed any legal rights to the dry land of Liberty Island.

The islands of New York harbor have been part of New York since the issuance in 1664 of the colonial charter that created New Jersey (see charter text). This charter stated that New Jersey "bounded by the Hudson River" rather than from the middle channel, as was common in other colonial charters. That is, as everyone understood at the time, the NY-NJ border did not go through the center of the river channel as one might naturally assume. An 1834 compact between New York and New Jersey, which primarily concerned the status of Staten Island, set the boundary line between the States as the middle of the Hudson River but reaffirmed that Staten Island and the other islands belonged to New York.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived