phillies vintage feel

jgsmith725

i know you're trying to get it old style but i think you should forget the national league logo and put the "P" on that sleeve. id also like to see a grey away jersey and you could use that blue as an alternate. other than that i like it a lot and give it my solid "nine thumbs up" approval :D

2 thoughts:

1. You need larger wordmarks on the fronts, as has been said. Without pinstripes or numbers, they do look small. You could also thicken the neck piping, especially seeing what you did at the sleeve ends.

2. Blue has never been the dominant color in the Phillies' scheme. It was a cap color for a few years, and road BP jersey aside, it has been reduced now to cap button and the stars that dot the "i"s on the wordmark. A blue alt. doesn't seem right. And they tried an all-burgundy uni (tops and bottoms) in 1979. Lasted one game. I don't know if they would revisit a burgundy alt. Maybe gray roads are all you need. I'd still prefer red, but this would help distinguish them from National League old-timers in Cincy and St. Louis.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived