First look at form-fitting hockey jerseys, soon...

ColeJ

I wonder - will this move to form fitting NHL jerseys be comparable to MLB's move from old-time baggy flannels to the style they have today (Manny Ramirez aside)? Will the hockey uniforms that we are now used be considered "old timey" by our kids the same way we think of Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb's baseball uniforms? Hmm...

LT

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but anyway, on to the first look at form fitting hockey.

someone on my doubleminor.net forums posted a thread stating that team canada would be unveiling new form fitting nike sweaters at some point in the next week (maybe as early as today).

he's a very reliable source, who has posted on my forums for years. i trust him. i'll quote a few of his comments, so my interpretations of them don't cloud what he actually said:

Team Canada will be revealing them either today or next week

Nike has developed (similar to the RBK ones being rumoured) a new style of uniform that is very tight fitting, but highly breathable.

Should be interesting. The Juniors are going to be wearing them this year for the World Championships

the jerseys apparently were EXTREMELY tight according to a junior player, so I'm guessing it will be football like. He also mentioned that to get them on, you had to have a buddy help you out (like when we were kids haha)...but once they were on, you couldn't notice them at all.

The evolution of jerseys I guess. The only thing is, it might look gay for a fan to wear one of these.

Really, the Sabres managing partner Larry Quinn was on the radio here a couple weeks ago saying they contacted Reebok awhile ago to ask them if the Sabres jerseys could be the prototype or something like that.

It's not that I trust him or anything. He did say we would be "very active" in the free agent market... <_<

skier.gif

That's what I'm thinking of.

I cant picture these new jerseys!!! I'm scared, so, so scared. I'm sure they will butcher the classy look of the Habs, Leafs, Wings, Hawks, Rangers, Bruins...and I also have a feeling many logo's will be changed and butchered...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

someone supposedly asked if the new "sleeker" stars jerseys would have any red or bulls on them, and jim lites laughed and said that they would not. in fact, the stars are contractually obligated to wear their alternates a few times this year... but after that, they'll never wear them again. the new sleek stars jerseys will supposedly be in team colors.

yay!!!!!!!! death to the mooterus :notworthy::D

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

all i care about is the habs jerseys.

the rangers, leafs, bruins, etc... have all changed jerseys one way or another in the last several seasons. the habs haven't.

From a person who went to "The State of Sharks" address tonight at the Tank:

Jerseys will be streamlined in the next couple of seasons. They will eventually be a lot like the NFL (read: much closer to the body) but will be made of a fabric that will stretch with movement.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I'm picturing something like the Nike rugby jerseys from RWC 2003 that England, France and South Africa wore... would that be wide of the mark?

Just because sublimation might be used doesn't mean that they'll suddenly go crazy with gradients and over the top designs. It's just a technique that can be used to apply any design. They might stick to conservative designs on the new streamlines style sweaters.

Look at all the soccer teams around the world who use sublimation a lot... not all of them have shirts as bad as what most of you are picturing for the NHL!

liverpool-1.png

All of the world cup 1996 "flag jersey" and Nagano 1998 olympicss were sublimated

and then had taping, numbers and crests sewn on. Sublimation is just a printing process

that allows creative freedom and cost effectiveness because you're

not knitting the stripes in. It can be used tastefully.

All of the world cup 1996 "flag jersey" and Nagano 1998 olympicss were sublimated

and then had taping, numbers and crests sewn on. Sublimation is just a printing process

that allows creative freedom and cost effectiveness because you're

not knitting the stripes in. It can be used tastefully.

the stars current uniforms are sublimated...

but i'm still not liking this development. i love hockey jerseys. i don't want to see jeremy roenick in a purple and black speedo skating in front of me.

I was curious about this, so I went to Nike's website, and found what they call a "Nike Pro Hockey Fitted Long Sleeve Top". It looks to have the elbow pad area as discussed previously in this thread, so I'm wondering if this is close to what will be shown today by Team Canada. The stupid Nike website and the photos are really dark, so it's kinda hard to see, even if you enlarge the photo.

I'm not sure how to post the photo here, so the way I found it was to follow this link:

http://www.nike.com/canada/nikehockey/main_en.jsp

and from the hockey home, click "Gear", and then "On Ice"

If the NHL starts looking like U of Miami jerseys, I will be sorely disappointed, and will wear my current-style jerseys with pride!

Archived