First look at form-fitting hockey jerseys, soon...

ColeJ

Years ago when the Flyers went to Cooperalls I honestly thought they looked pretty decent and that would be the future. I'd MUCH rather see a tighter fitting Cooperall style pant than these horrible socks with vertical stripes. Apparently North American hockey is now attempting to copy Europe, where you can't even tell what the teams are because of all of the junk on the unis.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Utilizing state of the art fabrics, materials and technology, including comprehensive wind tunnel testing never before conducted for the hockey uniform, Nike has reduced the overall weight of the hockey uniform by 43 percent. The jersey alone was reduced by nearly 500 grams [roughly 1.10 pounds], saving more than 150 kilograms [nearly 331 pounds] in lifted weight per game for the typical forward.

:suspect:

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves β€’ Under the moon

QUOTEΒ 

Utilizing state of the art fabrics, materials and technology, including comprehensive wind tunnel testing never before conducted for the hockey uniform, Nike has reduced the overall weight of the hockey uniform by 43 percent. The jersey alone was reduced by nearly 500 grams [roughly 1.10 pounds], saving more than 150 kilograms [nearly 331 pounds] in lifted weight per game for the typical forward.

So it's the jersey that has been slowing me down all of these years! And here I thought it was that I was out of shape. Hmmm. :huh:

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

...I'd still buy one...

Not me. Not only is the design completely awful, but trust me, you never want to see someone my size in anything that could be described as "form-fitting."

Hell, the roominess of a hockey jersey should be a selling point, not a detraction. Dangit.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Appearently all the vertical lines are supposed to add "movement" to the jerseys...which I fail to see. I think I can get used to it...but it doesnt mean I'll like it...

I do like the look of the black jersey though...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Is it me or is Hockey moving in the opposite direction than the other sports. The other sports have moved away from the screen printing to having everything sewn on. After looking at these the stripes appear to be screened on or something like that.

I understand why they want to go more form fitting however it would have been better done if they used the current material and used traditional stripes. Then it would look terrific.

Is it me or is Hockey moving in the opposite direction than the other sports.

That's been evident for a long time. The other three leagues had 2004 seasons.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

I don't like these right now, but I am sure that as I see them more and more, they will grow on me. The same phenomena occured for me with the Total 90 designed Nike Soccer jerseys. I thought they were hideous, with their sleek curves and eight-ball number, but I've grown to like them now, and I even own a couple at the moment.

I hope every team in the Olympics doesn't have the same design (like Total 90), with only the colours and logo switching. But I wouldn't be surprised if thats the case. However, it is interesting to note that several countries made uniform changes prior to the World Championships in Austria (Sweden, Finland, Russia, Slovakia, Austria to merely name a few). USA made a change prior to the World Junior Championships in ND in December. I wonder if Canada will be the only team to sport these new sleek unis.

Juventus.png

I'll echo what everyone else is saying - basicaly that the jersey fit itself is okay. I was expecting a lot tighter, more football like (as was rumored) fit, and that appears to not be the case. Good news, bullet dodged there.

As for the design (graphics) of the Team Canada jersey, I also agree that it is aweful.

What is good news, it appears, is that those that were concerned about existing designs (origional 6) can rest assured that they can be carried out on this new style basicaly unchanged. I think we can all picture this style in a Habs sweater combo with relative ease. Yes, there may be some sublimation, but the basic design should go unchanged, and that should be the bottom line...

Moose

There might be more countries having this style for the olympics. According to tsn nike Has to make these uniforms availble to all the countries.

Under their agreement with the International Ice Hockey Federation, Nike has to make the jerseys available to all teams competing at the Olympics.

http://tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_story.asp?id=133807

Actually, I agree, the form-fitting of it is kind of throwback-ish, and it makes him look more of a normal size, not like some padded monster. Truthfully, If it weren't for the awful striping pattern, I'd probably like them.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

ok for the form fitting

but the design is a complete disgrace...

its the Olympics, not some minor league hockey

Amen to that. Those vertical stripes on the socks do not look good at all, nor do the numbers right up on the shoulders.

Archived