First look at form-fitting hockey jerseys, soon...

ColeJ

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just don't know why they couldn't have used the new lighter model with the style they've been using since the 02 olympics. not only is it a great looking jersey, but canadian hockey at all international levels is stronger than it's ever been since those jerseys began use.

All 3 jerseys:

632598996075312500.jpg

Who cares what the players have on... What the fluff is Gretzky wearing?!

Gretzky is a wearing a three-piece ensemble consisting of a white, short-sleeved, buttoned shirt, a grey vest and black dress pants...... :rolleyes:

I saw, I came, I left.

Anyone want to bet that the guy who designed these has never seen, let alone played, hockey or any sport. This nimrod should go back to designing clothing for Barbie and Ken, although I doubt even Ken would wear something that ugly. :mad: But Hockey Canada should know when you get in bed with Nike you're gonna get screwed!

All 3 jerseys:

632598996075312500.jpg

Who cares what the players have on... What the fluff is Gretzky wearing?!

You didn't know The Great One moonlights as a busboy?

Also, I think Team Canada will have a hard time winning on the road in those khakis and sandals.

After looking at the picture, I guess it's apparent that Blake and Gretzky are the tallest people in the world. The guy with hockey skates on is STILL shorter, and the guy who NEEDS to be wearing hockey skates is like 5 feet tall, tops. The guy on the far right doesn't look like he could pass for a ride on the roller coaster, either.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

All 3 jerseys:

632598996075312500.jpg

OK...after looking at these again, I don't mind the form-fitting material...

That being said...the design of the white & red jerseys is pretty uninspired, IMO.

And those socks...well, I think Hockey Canada needs to take a page from the Denver Broncos and what they did with THEIR vertically striped socks back in the 60s...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

This is absolutely horrible. Nothing good about these uniforms. Did Hockey Canada and Nike not see the overwhelming support in merchandise sales when they changed to the uniforms after Nagano and before Salt Lake City? A classic hockey uniform with some flashes of modern style (the numbers). This new jerseys sucks. Who cares if it streamlines the players? The seem to go pretty fast as is. What's next stray-on uniforms?

It's obvious that it was non hockey people designing these uniforms. I know Hockey Canada probably has a contract with Nike for a few more years, but I'd even prefer they let Rbk design the uniforms, since they've done a good job with the NFL and CFL in recent years. In an ideal world you would have CCM but that's just me.

I definately won't be buying one of these, and even a gold medal may not save the overall look, but it would do something.

Are the other country's doing anything new? or is Nike (US) just trying to make Canada look like fools. Because it seems to me like they take more consideration in designing Team USA's uniforms, which are more classic and original, than they do when they slap together everybody elses (using the same numbers, and same designs)

:flagcanada:

Sorry for posting so soon after my last, but I was just reading the article about the jerseys on Tsn.ca.

It says that its going to make the players faster by cutting wind resistance and keep them better cooled due to venting etc... but if Nike designs all of the countries in the 2006 olympics then won't everybody have the same capabilities and the new designs will cancel everything out because the opponents will have the same thing? how will his make Canada any better compared to the USA or the Czech Republic if they all have the same technology?

I was hoping to find webpages that could explain it in better detail, but the basics are that screen printing, or silkscreening, is a process where the ink is put on the cloth; while in dye sublimation, the cloth is impregnated with the dye, changing the colour of the cloth itself.

[Edit: Seemed silly to have two threads talking about the same thing. So now there's only one.]

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived