Future of Sport?!

xsf27

uniguy, my team the St George Illawarra Dragon's home strip is the classic red V (or an angled partial St George cross) on a white background - that's something I can never transgress.

The away strip that i've showcased isn't the real one - it's more of a concept strip paying homage to Illawarra (the side they merged with in 1999).

I will be doing a fully concept alternate (or 'sunday') strip soon.

If u have any requests, lemme know and i'll see.

I think what he meant was, rather than doing it with futuristic armor and such, just showing a 3-D mockup of a regular jersey.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

ohhh, that's what u meant!

well, that's why i named this thread 'the future of sport' - i thought this suit looked cool thats why i went with it - it didn't appeal to me to render him wearing a normal shirt & shorts.

i can do it i guess but i'll need to find or custom-make meshes for all the proper clothing and props (rugby jersey, shorts, boots, & rugby ball - i've got a gridiron mesh but that's totally different).

i've got normal shirts but thats not good enough - he'lll just look stupid. so, if anyone out there can help me out with those meshes - OBJ or 3DS formats preferrable - it'll be much appreciated.

rmered, i'd hafta consider seriously about crossing over to the shire :P

might be a nice challenge replicating the dynamic sharks jersey (which is one of the best in the league in my opinion - after the red v of course).

if you want me to, you're gonna have to source nice large images of the following:

- 2005 Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks logo

- clear, unhindered front (or near enough) shot of shirt & shorts

- any corresponding sponsors

- your favourite player so i can replicate his likeness (or try to anyway), unless u want him wearing the helmet.

and then lastly, gimme a few days as i'm full-on

Cheers & Happy Hunting. :D

xsf27,

These concepts are sick! I absolutley love the white full body done in Poser. Did you use Maya or 3d Max for the modeling and surface textures of the suits? I have used both (currently Maya), but I have never done anything as clean lined as this.

Really Great!

Any chance you could render out a 5 second animation of him running or jumping?

titans.png

Echo07,

Thanks for the comments - but i just wanna make it clear that i did NOT model any part of him (as i alluded to in my first post). All the meshes are stock standard meshes from daz3d.com that are specially made for Poser.

Here're the credits:

- figure: 'Michael 3' by DAZ3D

- clothing: 'Major Cache by Uzilite

- hair: 'Mihai Hair' by Neftis

- glasses: SlicerM3 in 'Eyewear Pack 1' by Torinouta

However, I DID make the custom textures of my team for the suit.

And yes, i will try to make an animation for you guys soon.

Cheers.

Ha! I love that you left Classic as the jersey manufacturer despite the fact that it's more of an "armour" than a jersey.

St George Bank wouldn't be too happy to have its logo minimalised and hidden like that, but I understand it being there from a positional point of view.

It's odd seeing a League team colours on all that padding - looks like a gridiron player; kinda a strange cross-over. But the modelling is great! Clearly Poser has evolved a great deal since I last used it (version 4). I think the helmet makes him look more like a character from a video game like Halo than a sports star. You have to be able to see their eyes to intimidate their opponents.

Also, might I say, from one Dragons fan to another, "welcome"! Use the search feature for Dragons or Illawarra and you'll find some interesting concepts that have been floated up (OK, I know of one other than my hockey crossover) that you might like. Oh, and no Sharks concept; they're my most hated team!

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

:lol: hehe

Thanks, Kit - i'll certainly sniff around for some dragons stuff here. I certainly agree with you about the helmet - i was reluctant to do a render with him wearing one at first cos rugby league players aren't wusses like their grid iron counterparts :P , but i had so many requests for it. Oh, and i wont post any sharks pics. :D

It's true, Poser has indeed come along way since version 4 (my first too). It's so much easier to make realistic renders with soft natural lights with their new ambient occlusion lights which easily replicates soft shadows.

Anyway, i'd thought i'd do a render of a completely different Saints concept alternate (or 'Sunday') strip, which are all too common in American sports. Hope you guys like it!

Alternate.jpg

BTW, great match today - Minor Premiership here we come!

Been busy, so nothing much to add - just a coupla pics. Nothing groundbreakingly new - just a rehash of some old stuff.

Firstly, my alternate concept placed in a more offensive stance so you guys can appreciate the uniform more:

AlternateStance.jpg

Next, a composition of all jerseys so far (home, away & alternate) - nice wallpaper if you're a Dragons fans! Which one is your favourite?

Trio.jpg

p.s. Got something, umm how shall i put it, 'oestrogen-based' coming up soon... (i promise) :D

Archived