Mascot Hall of Fame

Gary

I don't know if any of you knew this but there is a Mascot Hall of Fame, I don't have a link to it, but I will tell you that they have inducted 3 in it's first year. They are the Famous(San Diego)Chicken, the Phillie Fanatic, and the Phoenix Suns Gorilla. My question is who would you have put into the Mascot Hall of Fame next year, and who would you replace. I'd replace none of them, all of them pioneers for their sport. The Chicken and Fanatic for Baseball, and the Gorilla for Basketball since he is the first ever Professional Basketball Mascot, and the best there is out there.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting that not one of those mascots is related to the team name. Not complaining, just interesting.

Fredbird is starting to build up some history, so I'd say he should be in.

no they may not, but they are legends to the mascot fame, and may not have alot to do with the team name, but they do have alot to do with the history. BTW here is the link. Mascot Hall of Fame

and here is the address to the Mascot Hall of Fame

Replace: none

Add in year 2....

Fredbird (Cards)

The Orioles Bird

Harvey the Hound (Calgary Flames)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Dang nabit, I was gonna post this with a poll.

Anyway, I agree that the 3 inaugural inductees are fine picks. The Chicken practically invented the Mascot act as we know it, the Gorilla pioneered much of the Basketball Shtick that Basketball mascots do (and who doesn't like seeing a Gorilla-suited guy dunking?) and the Phanatic is (in)famous around the world.

I'd say in year 2 add in Youppi!, the Mariner Moose and the Duke Blue Devil.

In Year 3 add in Harvey, Mr. Met and, as a tip to the predecessor to the mascot, Max Patkin.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Yeah! Mr Met, Mr Met, Mr Met!!! We are rootin' 4 u, Mr Met!

t1_mascot.jpg

Ra, ra, rahhh!!!

too bad he is a ripoff of mr red.

Dear sir:

I never heard about Mr Red.

Sincerely yours,

Da Swiss

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Mr Red is a hack Mr Met is multitaleneted look and supports a family of 5, didnt you see hime driving home from Sportscenter with Mrs Met naggining him, all the way? Now he is whittlingbats hwne the Mets go on the road making a Noahs Ark model.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

t1_mascot.jpg

Ra, ra, rahhh!!!

Dear sir:

Sincerely yours,

Da Swiss

Have you ever followed baseball? This is Mr Red- mrred.jpg

Mr. Met cannot be older than 1962 (The year the Mets expanded into existence), while Mr. Red dates back to the 40's. Obviously...Mr Met was directly influenced by Mr Red

t1_mascot.jpg

Ra, ra, rahhh!!!

Dear sir:

Sincerely yours,

Da Swiss

Have you ever followed baseball? This is Mr Red- mrred.jpg

Mr. Met cannot be older than 1962 (The year the Mets expanded into existence), while Mr. Red dates back to the 40's. Obviously...Mr Met was directly influenced by Mr Red

At least mr met has eyes

But one of the funniest moments that Ive seen was when I went to an AHL game at the Nassau Coliseum this year, and one of the Zooperstars got stuck in the seat right in front of me. His leg got caught and he was there for about a minute or two into the play. Another guy had to come and get him out.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Harvey the Hound (Calgary Flames)

OILERS_FLAMES.jpg

Best mascot moment ever.

One of my favorites,

Another Harvey moment came at a Stampeder game though--at the half they staged a mascot football game--always fun, and Harvey lost his belt and his shorts came down, and he proceede to "streak"--it was quite funny and classic!

but as this HOF is in the US they may end up ignoring mascots outside the US--even in the NHL.

They will undoubtedly ignore the CFL and most of the CFL's longtime mascots (and former ones too) deserve to be in something like this-

Ralph the Dog, Gainer, Whatsis name in Montreal, and what's their name in Winnipeg ( :D )

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived