"Football Uniforms: Past and Present" Webpage

CJJ83

the site is still active. and yes, admin had some personal things to sort thru, but i think things have improved.

i have submitted to admin my own (really crude) renderings of nfl unis going back to 1950. i have been diligently researching thru the proquest pages of the ny times, wash post, chi tribune, la times and the phila inquirer, and pgh post-gazette via microfilm. i think what i've provided admin in terms of design is 99% accurate and in terms of colors 95% accurate.

it's now a matter of putting that info - as well as the 2004 unis, and when the season arrives, the 2005 unis.

i have started doing the 1949 all-american football conference unis. and my game plan is to do the aafc unis, then go backwards to 1940 for the nfl unis.

then the 30's back to 1933 and end there as i simply don;t have much info beyond that, plus most people consider 1933 to be the year when the nfl truly came of age with playoffs, franchise stability, the birth of the pa teams, a divisional set-up, etc, etc.

all i ask of all of you is continued patience, and support. and hopefully you will see updates to the site in due time. i'm just as anxious as all of you to see the stuff get posted.

thanks for your interest. :)

timmy b

I just want to say that I think the site is terrific. Keeping it active as it is is still fantastic, but I can't wait to see the updates too. I think I speak for the majority on this board in offering my appreciation and support to the folks who created it and keep it running.

I love that site, I constantly refer to it when I'm scouring Ebay for vintage jerseys that might closely resemble the pre-1970 NFL jerseys. I cant wait to see updates from Pre-1960. I just found a vintage jersey on Ebay that is almost an exact image of the 1962-63 home Buffalo Bills jersey.

metslogo_215.gif

• 8 months later...

Even though this site hasn't had any updates in quite a while, the message board was always active until several months ago. The "Football Uniforms of the Past & Present" website's message board was hijacked by someone named Yusuf, and that message board has yet to ever be restored.

Even though this site hasn't had any updates in quite a while, the message board was always active until several months ago. The "Football Uniforms of the Past & Present" website's message board was hijacked by someone named Yusuf, and that message board has yet to ever be restored.

Yeah, that pissed me off. :cursing:

metslogo_215.gif

Archived