Brett Fave is just fluffing amazing

NJTank

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I'm trying to understand is why Philly fans hate Brett Farve so much but fans of every other team (including the bears, lions, and vikings) will admit that he's one of the all-time greatest QBs.

If you are referring to me, I did admit he is great. I think my quote was "undeniably great." I don' think his accomplishments (up until the past few years) are even up for debate. He is HOF, no doubt. It's the way the media gets on their collective knees for the guy that I hate.

I don't see this as a Philly thing at all. There's no real rivalry with Favre, he's never "broken our hearts", or anything like that, so I don't see the connection.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Everytime I see someone bring up the media thing they have an eagles aventar. That's why.

But is the media thing not true? Did they not make him the victim during his drug-addict stage? Did they not tell us over and over again about every sick or dying member of his family? Not to make light about someone's family, but there's probably many players in the league who lose a family member over the course of a season and you don't hear a thing about it. But the whole country rallies around Brett. I don't hate Brett, he's not inentionally bringing this attention onto himself, but the media (at least national media) favoritism is absurd.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I dunno, it just seems like you guys take it worse than anyone else. I'm generalizing big time.

Have I noticed it? I guess, but I've noticed it about the Patriots, T.O., Ray Lewis, Payton Manning, any New York or Boston team in any sport. To me, if anyone deserves the media hype, its Brett. Once again, I DO hate Brett Farve. I wish he would retire so we could beat the Packers a few times instead of once every 5 years. :D

Not quite sure how they made him a victim.

Favre is unarguably one of the best players to ever play the game. Thats why we hear about each and everything he does on and off the field. Hes popular, people want to know that stuff, maybe not everyone, but enough to the point the media finds it necessary to report it. We dont hear about people when most people dont know who it is.

Id like to question why everybody is so "high" on McNabb. To me, the fact that the media capital is pretty much in NY, and he went to syracuse, plays for an east coast team, and how people talk about him like he's accomplished something more then just being in a big game. Look at that "NFL Films" prelude and follow up to presentations. It has clip after clip of great players in NFL history, and all of them followed up by Donovan McNabb in front of the NFL logo. He is one of the most over-rated players in the league. He might be good, but if he went to oregon U and played for the seahawks, even with all the ability, he wouldnt be on the cover of madden, or on ESPN every other minute.

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

McNabb is only on ESPN so much because a certain WR wont shut his mouth. But im not gonna mention him. And McNabb is a top 5 QB in the league (#3 IMO), so he deserves what he gets.

And Favre IS one of the greatest QBs of all time. But in 2005 hes not an elite QB like he used to be.

I don't think that McNabb is hyped as much as some people think, but maybe that's just because in Phila. he gets criticized so much, and I don't really pay attention to national Eagles coverage.

If he is "coddled" to by the media, it is probably because of his personality and how he interacts with the reporters. I guess the same could be said about Favre. Unfortunately, writers give accolades to players that are nice to them, while other great players go either unnoticed or even get bashed because they aren't media friendly.

Ok about the family member dying thing. He had arguably the ebst game of his career hours after his father/high school caoch died. Thats worthy of attention. Not to mention his brother in law died on his propertyy in a tragic accident, one of his good friends(92) passed on unexpectdely, and his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Now think to yourself. If your father, friend, and bother in law all died in the same year, plus your wife was diagnosed with cancer, Id say thats a bad year. Now keep it mind your Favre still putting up amazing numbers and you one of the best NFL players ever. Id say that deserves some media attentioin.

And pcgd. You may just be my favourite bears fans!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

In the fantasy league I participate in, McNabb was the butt of jokes up until last season. The guy just didn't produce. I think the fantasy game alters the fans perception of players. Therefore, team performance aside, Favre's numbers consistently killed McNabb's numbers year after year.

I wonder if McNabb would do well in acting. He's been portrayed as a victim since day one. From Eagles fans wanting Ricky instead to Limbaugh to T.O., I'd love to see him tear someone a new one just so we don't have to hear about him being picked on.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Passing Yards

Favre: 4088

McNabb: 3875

Completion Percentage:

Favre:64.1%

McNabb:63.9%

TD's

Fave:30

McNabb:31

INT's

Favre:17

McNabb:8

QBR

Fave:92.4

McNabb:104.7

Both had exceptional years. But very close stats, except the INT's where McNabb gets the big nod.

McNabb definately played better, but of course he is in his prime, had arguably the best receievr in the league, and the way better team.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

How can a topic that has so much talk about undue media attention have gone so far and still not mentioned Tom Brady?  :blink:

Tom Brady is a winner. He doesn't lose games by hot-shotting it and throwing the ball to the other team. If Tom Brady played thirty years he might not approach Favre's interception total.

I can't believe this thread has gone so far without mentioning Strahan's phony sack. Talk about poor sportsmanship.

Passing Yards

Favre: 4088

McNabb: 3875

Completion Percentage:

Favre:64.1%

McNabb:63.9%

TD's

Fave:30

McNabb:31

INT's

Favre:17

McNabb:8

QBR

Fave:92.4

McNabb:104.7

Both had exceptional years. But very close stats, except the INT's where McNabb gets the big nod.

McNabb definately played better, but of course he is in his prime, had arguably the best receievr in the league, and the way better team.

Dont forget McNabb sat out the last 2 games...

So, what you're trying to do is erase anything that Favre's done for his career by saying that McNabb may have had a slightly better season?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived