NY may get 2008 and 2010 All-Star Games

Gamingboy

Im sick of NY!!!!

Yes yes 911 got it. But really, thats when the love fest with NY started. Didnt we all hate them before that as I recall? They were all jerks and "Im walkin herrre!" And Guliani cheated on his wife and got kicked out of the mayors residence with his mistress. Remember? Anyone?

Do I hear the words "Western Alienation" here? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

The Mets and Yanks both deserve 1 ASG and soon even if its within a few years its not right the niether has hosted it in such a long time the Yanks 1977 the Mets 1964.

THe held it in Pennsylavania 2 times in 3 years twice since 1964. So this is not an issue.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It may just happen... with the lack of new stadiums in the AL. It'd be a fitting way to close one of the most famous sports venues in the world, and open one of the next ones.

However, I don't really like it... New York will probably get another all-star game when the Mets move into a new stadium, hold one at each venue, that's fine with me.

so if the Twins ever get theirs built they may hav a chance at the ASGame? Its been too long since the last one, i was too young to remember.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The Mets and Yanks both deserve 1 ASG and soon even if its within a few years its not right the niether has hosted it in such a long time the Yanks 1977 the Mets 1964.

THe held it in Pennsylavania 2 times in 3 years twice since 1964. So this is not an issue.

No, I think it is an issue. Pennsylvania is a large state and it takes six hours to drive from the east side to the west, and vice versa. Accordingly, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are in opposite sides of the state, and are completely different places.

In this case, we're talking the same city hosting two games, with the two ballparks being all of 45 minutes apart from each other. They want to give the city a send-off, or open the new park? Fine with me. But pick one or the other; it's just gonna be the same and give us a "here we go again" attitude about it all.

No, I think it is an issue. Pennsylvania is a large state and it takes six hours to drive from the east side to the west, and vice versa. Accordingly, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are in opposite sides of the state, and are completely different places.

In this case, we're talking the same city hosting two games, with the two ballparks being all of 45 minutes apart from each other. They want to give the city a send-off, or open the new park? Fine with me. But pick one or the other; it's just gonna be the same and give us a "here we go again" attitude about it all.

Actually the 2 ballparks would be right next each other within walking distance of each other. 2008 would be at Old Yankee Stadium while 2010 would be at New Yankee Stadium which they are building right across the street from the current. Then a few years later the Mets would be in line for a game.

There is one reason why MLB would do this. It because New York has something that no other city has and that's Wall Street Money. Let's remember 50 years ago Ne York accounted for nearly 1/4th of the team in Major League Baseball.

Archived