Question for those who follow F1

officeglenn

I got an e-mail the other day from a guy in town who says another local young man is now the head of the pit crew for the Volvo team on the Formula 1 circuit.

After much searching, I can't find any evidence that Volvo even has an F1 team. Perhaps they are in with the Jaguar team, as they are both owned by Ford? Perhaps the fellow who sent me the e-mail is smoking some of that famous B.C. bud? Hopefully someone can shed some light on this. Thanks in advance.

(Plus, if there actually is a Volvo team, what would be the best way to go about contacting them?)

He is obviously intoxicated with some very good THC. That being said, the closest "Volvo" team there could be was the Jaguar team, but they do not exist anymore.

He might also mean that Volvo is responsible for the Cosworth motors, which I really doubt. Plus Cosworth doesn't even own any F1 team, so he wouldn't be directly on a team.

Maybe Volvo is involved in other big championships, but not directly in F1.

BTW, ask him who he's buying his stuff from... That may get handy! ^_^

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - MontrΓ©al Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Cosworth is now owned by the people who own the Champ Car series. I'm not sure which F1 teams the supply engines for right now, probably the lower tier F1 teams, but they will supply for Williams next year.

Perhaps Volvo is part of some of the other forms of racing, rally car prehaps. I don't really know

I saw, I came, I left.

Can't be rally. Volvo hasn't been competing in rally for years.

This only things I can think of where Volvo might be involved are the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC), or their equivalent in other countries, and the Trucks Championships, where Volvo is still competing.

What's the name of the guy heading that team anyway? Might be easier to see who he works for by having his name...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - MontrΓ©al Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Dude's name is Chris Cameron. I've Googled "Chris Cameron" +racing, "Chris Cameron" +auto racing, "Chris Cameron" +Volvo, Volvo racing, etc., etc., etc., to no avail.

Archived