UMaryland Soccer

Voodoo Child

So time for my second concept here, after a long hiatus because I've been on a hiking trip all summer...so anyways, I'm just playing around, and messed around with the University of Maryland if they used Yellow and Black as their main colors, instead of Red and White. It turns out looking a little like the Germany national team, and the one I like most is the goalie, which is, you know, red and white. But its just an idea I threw out there, with a traditional regular jersey and a bit of a Nike-ized alt strip just because. So please, tell me what y'all think (C&C). Oh, and I know that I need to learn how to make logos instead of just using the site. I'm not there yet, give me some time.

9a605654.jpg

Not bad ... not bad at all.

The way the number cuts into the stripe on the yellow kit is a bit awkward, and would look weird with a single digit number. That could be rectified by moving the stripe (and the badge on the front) to the centre of the jersey.

I really like the striping on the away kit. The keeper kit is a bit plain, but I don't mind it at all. On the whole, it's very well executed. Good job.

The way the number cuts into the stripe on the yellow kit is a bit awkward, and would look weird with a single digit number. That could be rectified by moving the stripe (and the badge on the front) to the centre of the jersey.

Or, it might just be best to have the stripe on the front. I like the way the crest and stripe interact on the front, and like that it's not in the middle.

I'm confused as to why a Maryland team would have a yellow primary shirt, though.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Switch the goalie kit and the yellow primary. The reds are classy looking, and you could always add a center vertical stripe or diagonal sash to set off the crest. Those yellows are a little loud for the attackers, but would stand out brilliantly in goal.

Like 'em.

The stencil font looks like the old Real Madrid, but I don't know if fans here would grasp the connection. They'd see stencil numbers. I like the Aachen Bold font that Maryland uses for hoops, and used to have in football. They say "Maryland" to me. (Or Missouri.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Yes! Somebody got the Real Madrid reference. I always thought that the stencil numbers screamed soccer, for whatever reason. Either them or the Blue Jays split-numbers. But thanks for the comments, y'all, but come on, nobody noticed that the stripe on the regular kit is on two different sides? I screwed up big, there, and since nobody noticed it, its staying for posterity.

Archived