NHL-OLN agreement

Korkie

I highly doubt Clement and Melrose will stay at ESPN. Al Morganti also. Gary Thorne it's tough to say. He may or he may not. I would like if NBC and OLN had a working agreement, similiar to the way NBC and TNT did during their times doing the NBA, where they shared announcers and other personel.

David

I highly doubt Clement and Melrose will stay at ESPN. Al Morganti also. Gary Thorne it's tough to say. He may or he may not. I would like if NBC and OLN had a working agreement, similiar to the way NBC and TNT did during their times doing the NBA, where they shared announcers and other personel.

David

I don't think that will happen as the NBC announcers already have commiments during the season. Like I metioned before Emrick calls the Devils games and Davidson does color for the Rangers. My gues Melrose will go over to OLN. I hope Clement doesn't as he's horrible. Afterall ESPN needs someone to call the fly fishing and great outdoor games. :P

Anybody know how much they'll be charging for Center Ice down in the States? Up here in Canada with Bell ExpressVu, a guy ends up paying an arm and a leg for the package (about $200 for the season). In reality, that's not really that bad for 1000 games or whatever, but it's expensive to me, so I was just wondering what the deal is down south.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

The last two years Center Ice here in the states was around $139 (I think we got a $10 or so discount for ordering before a certain date).

There's also a half-season package that is offered around January for $99.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

If you have Comcast Digital cable, there's a lot to this deal:

* Carriage of the NHL Network

* Daily highlights and full games On Demand

And if you live in an area where CSN has a regional channel (Philly, DC/Balt, Chicago, San Jose), those channels might be carrying extra games in addition to the OLN schedule and the local team.

If there's anything OLN has to give to this deal, it's time. ESPN seemed to not want to be bothered with the hockey after it got the NBA -- fewer games, fewer NHL 2Nights before cancelling it altogether, etc.

Add Atlanta to that. SO KICK ASS :grin:

CSN isn't in San Jose, but it is in Sacramento. The Mondays are a very interesting idea. From October-January, you're going to go up against Monday Night Football? Not good. The NHL Network is HUGE! I'm gonna love it!

Don't you have Adelphia there in the Bay Area?? If so, Adelphia was just purchased by Comcast so essentially they are now one in the same.

Am I the only sucker with Urban Cable?

***shudders a'la Sideshow Bob upon stepping on a garden rake.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived