I'm sorry...

Nesi427

I know this isn't on the same level as the "hidden" mb glove logo and from many of the concepts I have seen on here, much of the response has been they have a good set and there is no need to mess with what they have. I also agree, but I thought this idea was cool...

brewerscopy.jpg

If you don't get it, the 'W' is a beer mug :D

You C&C are welcome!

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

I'm not sure exactly how to make it more obvious...any suggestions??

Add a handle to the beer mug. The foam/baseball doesn't look that great. I think the baseball stitches need to be more subtle and it needs more detail to make it look like foam. I also think the foam is too big.

buffalo_sig.png

Nice idea. I don't think the execution is up to the quality it could be, though. Looks like the first draft of a great idea, so please play around with it and keep posting!

If it was me, I would move away from the thought-balloon-with-baseball-seams thing and toward a subtler mug reference. (And I'd also make the W flat across the bottom to look more mug-like. In fact, all the letters could stand mugifying; lose the serifs and give 'em all angled bottom edges like the W.) Then I'd think about maybe making the letters gold inside of a blue outline, and making the top, say, quarter-to-third of the letters white like beer foam.

Like this, except not ultra-sucky:

brewers-script.jpg

I just see something a bit subtler working here where the exploding-poof baseball is a bit too literal. Still, you've got a great idea, and it's nice to see someone find a new angle on the Brewers.

20082614447.png

Nice idea. I don't think the execution is up to the quality it could be, though. Looks like the first draft of a great idea, so please play around with it and keep posting!

If it was me, I would move away from the thought-balloon-with-baseball-seams thing and toward a subtler mug reference. (And I'd also make the W flat across the bottom to look more mug-like. In fact, all the letters could stand mugifying; lose the serifs and give 'em all angled bottom edges like the W.) Then I'd think about maybe making the letters gold inside of a blue outline, and making the top, say, quarter-to-third of the letters white like beer foam.

I just see something a bit subtler working here where the exploding-poof baseball is a bit too literal. Still, you've got a great idea, and it's nice to see someone find a new angle on the Brewers.

Thanks for the great suggestions...I will be trying to put them into place... :D

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Brilliant.

If the "W" is made to be the mug, and the "E" its handle, you could cut the bottom half off of the baseball/puff, as it would look more like the head of a draught beer. Whether or not you keep the stitches is your choice. I would get rid of the stitiches, or dump the cloudlike contour of the foam and make half a baseball floating on top of a mug of beer.

If you're trying to tie in the baseball aspect, you could always fall back on the crossed bats the Brewers used with the "MB" diamond-shaped logo. Or crossed barley stalks. You get the idea, I hope.

I really like this idea; I'd love to see the final product!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like where it's going, but it needs to be made more obvious.

agreed.

maybe make the base color on the w white instead of blue, so it looks more like a glass? *shrugs* I'm confident you'll come up with something :)

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Archived