Jersey number 25 and......steroids?

PeytonManningRocks

When listening to all the steroid talk in baseball, there's been something in common with nearly every steroid user. With Palmeiro now juiced, you now have Raffy, Giambi, Bonds and Mark McGwire who all wore 25. If the nuimber 25 pattern continues, these names are next to be busted:

Carlos Delgado-probably not

Derrek Lee-maybe...he has had a sharp increase in stats this year

Andruw Jones-this is by far a career year, but I don't think roids is the cause

Troy Glaus-not likely, but who knows?

Kaz Matsui-maybe this is why he sucks now...he could have been on the juice early...

Dmitri Young-he did kind of beef up a bit.....

Joe Mays-probably not

Again, I'm sure that the people in this list are clean, but I am just illustrating the pattern. Freaky if you ask me...

espnsig.gif

Kaz Matsui-maybe this is why he sucks now...he could have been on the juice early...

Kaz Matsui has always sucked. I don't want to hear how he hit in Japan because the leagues in Japan are equivilant to a minor league.

The Japanese ballparks always are smaller than the American ones.

Add that the Japanese players there are small so a meager hit between two defending players could be safe when the same situation in America, the ball would be caught.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

When listening to all the steroid talk in baseball, there's been something in common with nearly every steroid user. With Palmeiro now juiced, you now have Raffy, Giambi, Bonds and Mark McGwire who all wore 25.

That's very unfair to group Mark McGwire in with three proven steriods users.

Mac took a legal performance enhancer called Andro, and that's all anybodies got on him.

Kaz Matsui has always sucked. I don't want to hear how he hit in Japan because the leagues in Japan are equivilant to a minor league.

The Japanese Leagues are actually sorta in between AAA and MLB. Closer to MLB then AAA, actually. But yes, it is extremly hard to to compare. Many pitchers in Japan are finess pitchers, but many in America are power pitchers. As has been stated, the ballparks in Japan are smaller then in America.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Did you see McGwire's testimony before congress? If that was not the talk of a guilty man I dont know what is.

That was the talk of a guy with crappy advice from his lawyers.

I bet you thought Palmerio was innocent after his testimony, too...

I don't think it was crappy advice, I think it is smart advice. If I remember correctly there were fbi reports and such that linked McGwire is a steriod investigation in the 90's. Had McGwire testified like Pamiero did he wouldn't be possibly facing perjury charges he definatly be facing perjury charges.

People plead the 5th for 1 reason, to not incrominate themselves. It basically means your guilty without having to legally admit anything. People with nothing to hide don't plead the 5th.

McGwire took steriods even the biggest homer has to admit that.

Did you see McGwire's testimony before congress? If that was not the talk of a guilty man I dont know what is.

I don't think it was crappy advice, I think it is smart advice. If I remember correctly there were fbi reports and such that linked McGwire is a steriod investigation in the 90's. Had McGwire testified like Pamiero did he wouldn't be possibly facing perjury charges he definatly be facing perjury charges.

People plead the 5th for 1 reason, to not incrominate themselves. It basically means your guilty without having to legally admit anything. People with nothing to hide don't plead the 5th.

No sir I will not. McGwire was a big guy who worked out like crazy and took legal supplements.

It was obviously bad advice because his lawyers didn't even help him out in using the fifth. He claimed he was using it not to incriminate fellow players...the fifth only helps you not incriminate yourself...clearly he didn't have good lawyers advicing what the fifth even did...

That said, I really don't have that much problem with his testimony. He was in a no win spot. People weren't gonna believe him if he said no, and why should he have said yes. Essentially what he did was to Congress to but out and focus on future prevention not go on a witch hunt about what happened in the past.

People will continue to lump him in with the steriod users, but there is very little evidence.

To put him in with the PROVEN group of steriods users is crap.

No sir I will not. McGwire was a big guy who worked out like crazy and took legal supplements.

It was obviously bad advice because his lawyers didn't even help him out in using the fifth. He claimed he was using it not to incriminate fellow players...the fifth only helps you not incriminate yourself...clearly he didn't have good lawyers advicing what the fifth even did...

That said, I really don't have that much problem with his testimony. He was in a no win spot. People weren't gonna believe him if he said no, and why should he have said yes. Essentially what he did was to Congress to but out and focus on future prevention not go on a witch hunt about what happened in the past.

People will continue to lump him in with the steriod users, but there is very little evidence.

To put him in with the PROVEN group of steriods users is crap.

There's as much evidence as all the other players minus Palmeiro. The fact that he has slimmed down a lot after he retired is no coincidence. That tends to happen when someone stops using steriods.

There's also this thing-

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7169581/

You don't think congress had the actual FBI Report?

There's just as much evidence against McGwire as there is Giambi, Sosa, and Bonds.

JKR, Bonds and Giambi admitted using steriods. Bonds may say he did not intentionally, but he admitted he did take things that are now known to be steriods.

There are no facts that say Mac took steriods. Just because the FBI investigated him doesn't mean he took 'em.

Players also tend to slim down if they stop working out as much, and Mac worked out like crazy while he was playing.

The only thing people have against McGwire is a couple of not especially legitimate sources, and the fact that he was big and hit a lot of homers.

That's real shaky evidence to be telling people it's a fact.

JKR, Bonds and Giambi admitted using steriods. Bonds may say he did not intentionally, but he admitted he did take things that are now known to be steriods.

There are no facts that say Mac took steriods. Just because the FBI investigated him doesn't mean he took 'em.

Players also tend to slim down if they stop working out as much, and Mac worked out like crazy while he was playing.

The only thing people have against McGwire is a couple of not especially legitimate sources, and the fact that he was big and hit a lot of homers.

That's real shaky evidence to be telling people it's a fact.

McGwire has denied ever using illegal anabolic steroids, but an FBI informant told the Daily News the ex-slugger had different types of testosterone injected into his buttocks and cheeks.

All we have on Bonds and Giambi is leaked newspaper reports. This is pretty much the same thing. It's an FBI agent leaking information to the newspaper. Again, that's all they have on Bonds and Giambi.

Another thing yes people who stop working out slim down but they don't slim down that much. Nor do gain that much to begin with if they are just working out without help.

You have to be the biggest homer in the world. And I don't say that just because of this.

JKR, an FBI agent and an FBI informant are not the same things. I'd put a lot more stock in it if an agent had said it. All the article really says is someone told the FBI McGwire was injecting testosterone. It doesn't say the FBI concluded McGwire was recieving steriods.

As for Bonds and Giambi, you are correct, it is leaked reports. It's leaked testimony in fact. So, I suppose I can concede there is a chance the testimony is falsified. However, if it's not, then it is Bonds and Giambi admitting under oath they used steriods.

And according to teammates and coaches, McGwire had a workout routine unlike any others. And yes, he perhaps needed some recovery help, so he took Andro and other legal supplements probably. But that's IMO no different than eating healthy if they're legal. Add in the fact that McGwire has always been big and has been a power hitter since he arrived in the bigs, and the evidence really just isn't very strong.

Of course, if you factor in the fact that people are on a witch hunt and want to void any great homerun hitters accomplishments in the last 2 decades, well, then I suppose there's enough evidence...

Hideki is #25 and he hits good without the steriods.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Archived