Sign in to follow this  
ColeJ

Murmansk Fightin' Jesuses

Catholic with a sense of humor sez: Like 'em. Great idea, not offensive to my sensibilities, although I think you could very easily cross the line (e.g. making the pants stripes have a small cross at the hip) from where you are for some people.

To avoid the Jesus/Jesi problem, you could always assume the collective noun and be the [singular] Fightin' Jesus. Keeping with the "only Son of the Father" thing and not pluralizing the Savior.

W.W.M.D. [What Would Myles Do] with this? <_<

I think you should incorporate something into the M sleeve patch.  Perhaps a cross or something else religious.

i've toyed with it, but decided against it...

i know it's going to sound silly coming from someone who named their team the jesuses, but i'm sorta walking a thin line on all of this :)

making a logo based on a historical figure with religious connotations is one thing... but actually using religious symbols in a joking manner seems to be too far for me...

everything i designed for a secondary seemed too sacreligious even for me :)

so i decided to keep the collegiate M logo, since the first uniforms i ever designed for the team were from when i created my team in madden a few years ago... and since i played on xbox, i was stuck with alphabetical logos.

the M looked nice in brown and red, so i've kept it almost as a throwback to old times :)

I think you're good either way--either Jesus is a 'fighter' and therefor wouldn't be offended, or he's not a 'fighter' and won't be able to beat you up for being a blasphemer, right?