Murmansk Fightin' Jesuses

ColeJ

Catholic with a sense of humor sez: Like 'em. Great idea, not offensive to my sensibilities, although I think you could very easily cross the line (e.g. making the pants stripes have a small cross at the hip) from where you are for some people.

To avoid the Jesus/Jesi problem, you could always assume the collective noun and be the [singular] Fightin' Jesus. Keeping with the "only Son of the Father" thing and not pluralizing the Savior.

W.W.M.D. [What Would Myles Do] with this? <_<

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think you should incorporate something into the M sleeve patch.  Perhaps a cross or something else religious.

i've toyed with it, but decided against it...

i know it's going to sound silly coming from someone who named their team the jesuses, but i'm sorta walking a thin line on all of this :)

making a logo based on a historical figure with religious connotations is one thing... but actually using religious symbols in a joking manner seems to be too far for me...

everything i designed for a secondary seemed too sacreligious even for me :)

so i decided to keep the collegiate M logo, since the first uniforms i ever designed for the team were from when i created my team in madden a few years ago... and since i played on xbox, i was stuck with alphabetical logos.

the M looked nice in brown and red, so i've kept it almost as a throwback to old times :)

I think you're good either way--either Jesus is a 'fighter' and therefor wouldn't be offended, or he's not a 'fighter' and won't be able to beat you up for being a blasphemer, right?

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Archived