El Miami Nueve

Voodoo Child

So this is essentially a rebranding of the Florida Marlins...like picture if they had Tampa Bay's history, and the owners decided to go in a new direction, embrace Miami's Latin Heritage, and so on and so forth. So here is the Miami Nueve. The jersey is sorta borrowed/recolored from my Cincy Reds, and the colors were just what I thoguht would be "miami" colors, which turned out being Dolphins colors. Oh well. Just so we're all on the same page, "Nueve" is spanish for 9. And the guy in the logo is supposed to, vaguely, look like a "9". The man in the diamond and the hat logo are also my first two logos since a high school contest, so please, critique the hell out of me.

Miami-presentation.jpg

Here's a closer look at the logo. On the record,should I turn this guy into a template? He is essentially a Frankenstein's monster of Austin Kearns and Nomar Garciaparra, and given a tan. I'm also opening up a name-the-mascot contest, you know, something like "Nick the Nueve" or something. But tell me if I should make this a template, please.

0a3cd486.jpg

Like it, with the following exceptions:

- uniform number on the right abdomen works better with a left chest logo. For uniforms with full wordmarks, the number should be on the left abdomen. Over the spleen.

- ultra-light aqua numbers on gray road jerseys. Very illegible, especially when the color outlining the numbers is a pale orange.

- the light blue looks like a bleached out "Miami" aqua. Kinda faded.

Question: is the "M" cap logo intended to have what looks like a "9" sprouting from the left vertical stroke? If so, it should be played up a little more, it looks more unintentional than intentional at this point.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The hitter in the diamond looks weird for some reason. I think it is supposed to be a left-handed hitter following through on his swing. If this is the case then his left hand should be on top and his right hand should be on bottom. Also, the top of his bat should be behind his helmet. Right now it looks like the bat is in front of his helmet and there is not a single hitter who follows through on his swing with his bat in front of his helmet. If it supposed to be a right-handed hitter then his head should be facing the other way. Also, I would make the "Miami Nueve" between 2nd and 3rd base on the diamond and "Baseball Club" between 1st and 2nd base because right now it reads "Baseball Club Miami Nueve." It is a good start and I like the idea. Just needs a few tweaks.

The hitter in the diamond looks weird for some reason. I think it is supposed to be a left-handed hitter following through on his swing.

No, I think the hands are fine - the guy looks like a righty swinging through. If you're batting right-handed, your left hand is on the bottom of the bat, and this guy's is.

HOWEVER, what I think you noticed, hhfranks, is that his right hand should have fingers. It looks like both hands are gripping the same side of the bat and they're crossed one over the other, almost like all of his knuckes in both hands are lined up side-by-side. Throw some type of fingers or a grip on there and he'll look better.

Well then if it is a righty, like I said, his head should be facing the other way if it is a front view or if it is a back view of his follow through then his legs look really weird. The legs need to be switched because a right-handed batter plants with his left leg and pivots with his right leg. Or just make the right leg overlap the left leg beacuse right now this guy has his legs on backwards. And, yes some fingers would tell us what side this guy is hitting from.

...just make the right leg overlap the left leg beacuse right now this guy has his legs on backwards. And, yes some fingers would tell us what side this guy is hitting from.

Bingo. I thought there was something off here.

Fingers on the top hand, and turn his hips around. (Or make him a lefty from the torso up, and switch the feet.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 1 month later...

Wow, did this over come back from the dead! ^_^

There are still MAJOR anatomic problems with the primary logo. Please look at the previous comments. This guy's pose not only looks incorrect, it looks painful.

The new numbers are visually distracting. I like the font, but a purely horizontal drop shadow (which usually go down and to a side), with a second drop shadow behind that in the same color as the front number is not a good look at all.

2007nleastchamps.png

I haven't had Spanish in 3 years, so someone correct me if I'm wrong...but I think it should be "El Nueve de Miami" instead of "Miami Nueve."

El is not being used properly here.

It would be "Los Nueve de Miami", translated "The Nine from Miami".

EDIT: The Marlins began play in 1993 not 1994.

1997 | 2003

I haven't had Spanish in 3 years, so someone correct me if I'm wrong...but I think it should be "El Nueve de Miami" instead of "Miami Nueve."

Not trying to start an argument, just wondering...

wouldn't it still be "El" because technically the "Nueve" is referring to the entire team, and there's only one team? (many players, one team...many students, one class...type thing) Like, it would be "El Nueve de Miami" or "Los Nueves de Miami"...or maybe I'm just confused.

But anyway, about the concept...

Everything looks a little generic. Generic script font, generic logo. I think you have something good going, just try to liven it up a little with maybe a different font, and some modifications to the logo.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

wouldn't it still be "El" because technically the "Nueve" is referring to the entire team, and there's only one team? (many players, one team...many students, one class...type thing) Like, it would be "El Nueve de Miami" or "Los Nueves de Miami"...or maybe I'm just confused.

You are refering to multiple people on the team when you say "Los Nueve de Miami".

For example you say "Los Marlins" not "El Marlins". Los is the equivalent to what would be the in plural in English.

1997 | 2003

You are refering to multiple people on the team when you say "Los Nueve de Miami".

For example you say "Los Marlins" not "El Marlins". Los is the equivalent to what would be the in plural in English.

Yeah...I know that, but Marlins is plural. Nine isn't.

Not trying to argue at all, just trying to clear up what Spanish I do know.

Los Marlins...El Nueve?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Los Marlins...El Nueve?

Would Miami's NBA team be "El Calor" or "Los Calores"? "Heat" is a singular noun like "Nine". Your answer for one would be your answer for the other. And it should be "El Nueve", unless you're trying to call the team "The Nines of Miami". The name is "The Miami Nine", thus the singular is correct. The moral of the story, is don't use singular nouns to name your team. :P

Now that we're done with Spanish I, can we please address the painful and nearly-physically-impossible position the batter finds himself in? It's making my leghurt just looking at it...

2007nleastchamps.png

Los Marlins...El Nueve?

Would Miami's NBA team be "El Calor" or "Los Calores"? "Heat" is a singular noun like "Nine". Your answer for one would be your answer for the other. And it should be "El Nueve", unless you're trying to call the team "The Nines of Miami". The name is "The Miami Nine", thus the singular is correct. The moral of the story, is don't use singular nouns to name your team. :P

Now that we're done with Spanish I, can we please address the painful and nearly-physically-impossible position the batter finds himself in? It's making my leghurt just looking at it...

Link

MIAMI, 30 de Junio - Los Miami HEAT y la estación de radio WQBA 1140 de Miami, una emisora propiedad de Univisión y operada por Univisión, anunció hoy un acuerdo multi-anual que le otorga a la WQBA 1140 los derechos radiales de la franquicia de la NBA. Este acuerdo, de efecto inmediato, le otorga a la WQBA 1140 AM los derechos en Español de difundir todos los juegos de los Miami HEAT y amplía una sociedad acertada de mercadeo que comenzó entre los dos equipos, la WQBA 1140 y los Miami HEAT, hace varios años.

Link

Los Heat de Miami vencen a los Kings de Sacramento de la mano de un gran O'Neal 

2004-12-24 AGENCIAS

Los Suns de Phoenix y los Heat de Miami continuaron demostrando todo su talento y gran juego colectivo para conseguir sendos triunfos, el décimo consecutivo, y mantenerse una jornada más como los equipos con las mejores marcas en la Conferencia Oeste y Este, respectivamente. El escolta argentino Manú Ginóbili fue determinante en el ataque de los Spurs de San Antonio, que se impusieron sin problemas a los Timberwolves de Minnesota.

Hmmmm........then why does all the South Florida media call the Heat, Los Heat?

The rules are different in the spanish language.

I'll stick by my Los Nueve de Miami.

1997 | 2003

Archived