Complete Avalanche Redux--logos et al

StPatty33

Hey everyone, you might have seen my other Avs alternate post (if you haven't, check it out, eh!)--but those were either half-hearted or from many years ago when my abilities were lacking.

That being said, here's a complete re-do of the Colorado Avalanche concept. Gone is the pukey maroon--replaced with a soothing sky blue. I tried several different numbers and when it came down to it, that number font still rocks--it just looks Avalanche-y.

If you'll notice there's 2 different versions of the mountain logo--one with equal length legs that looks more like an A (on the home jersey), and one with a shorter right leg, looking less like an A but making a better logo over-all I feel (on away jersey). Please let me know which of these two you prefer, because it's driving me crazy!

Also the stick in the snow was just a quick idea.. still not sure what I think about it yet *shrugs*

AvsRedux.gif

C & C please please please!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Although I think that the maroon works for the Avalanche I would say this is a good concept regardless. The one thing that irks me about it is the alternate the all white is cool in a way. But in real life it would never work because you'd never see them, except at Buffalo of course.

And I prefer the home mountain logo. B)

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

i love the alternate logo with the moutain A . i think it would be a great concept. im not too huge on the shoulder logo tho. if they used the currernt logo and urs as an alternate that would be pretty cool

great job tho on these :D

Thanks for the feedback, eh. I think in the end I might ditch the stick logo--it's not streamlined enough like the rest of the jersey and A logo. I'll probably just keep it for the alt jersey concept.. it reminds me slightly of all the wacky alt's the Might Ducks had in the 90's.

spacer.png

Although I think that the maroon works for the Avalanche I would say this is a good concept regardless. The one thing that irks me about it is the alternate the all white is cool in a way. But in real life it would never work because you'd never see them, except at Buffalo of course.

And I prefer the home mountain logo. B)

That's a totally great point though... it's like camoflauge (or however you spell it, lol). I figured it wouldn't work in reality--mostly because of the white numbers on the white jersey--, but that'd be great if it did... they'd be able to check people and sneak up for one-timers and stuff easier when they blend completely in with the ice :D

I like the maroon at first because it was different, and it still works for the Avs currently.. I'm just getting tired of it after 10 years *nods*

Also, I think it'd be cool if everyone really went to the blue-ice idea. *shrugs*

spacer.png

i don't think any teams can do the stripe across the middle anymore after the canadiens. i know they're the only team, but it should stay that way.

unfortunately that's what I like about it.. the old school stripe and simplicity with a newer style shoulder stripe and a streamlined logo. *shrugs* The Avs deserve some old-schooledness too!

spacer.png

That shoulder logo is great! It just screams avalance to me. A stick in the snow, that's pure genius, StPatty! I like the "A" on the road jersey a bit better, but the whole concept is awesome.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The mountain that looks more like an A is better, andI love that stick caught in an avalanche logo. :notworthy: I would make that an alternate jersey(I know you did but that one is too plain). You should probaly put the circle around it like on the shoulder.

StPats..where ya been hiding?...after seeing a few of your Avs concepts..i can honestly say you are among the top of the top here.....your work is original,clean,well thought out..overall outstanding.....the white-out alt. is a great idea..probably wouldnt fly in the NHL.but its something youd see as a promo night jersey in the minors (like a StPats day.Valentines day,Xmas.etc.)..i like the mountain logo that makes a proper A...but i understand your thouhgts on the other...now the question is can you show the same stuff for a different organEYEzation...throw down a new team.....please..id love tomsee your take on a Flyers package...they are one of the most ignored teams here..

good stufff bro

FishNChips_200.jpg

Great Job!! I always thought he Avs could do much better. The 3rd is a unique idea, match it up with the Caps white pants from the early 70's and you have a great Friday Night Whites promo. Although it might be considered politically incorrect. Man there is alot of talent out there!

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Well, I must say this is some pretty damn nice work.

Still, the all-white thing is just.....strange. I need a little more stimulation ( ;) ) than that.

The helmets I think should be reversed. Wear white with white and blue with blue. It just seems natural. The vertical striping on the side of the pants seems to be too much. You've got the Canadiens stripe (which works very well here), the stripe from wrist to wrist, and then the pants. It's a good idea, but there's one too many stripes here.

Now, after all that, when it comes to the "A" logo, I like the one with the offset legs. It's a fabulous design either way, and I prefer it much more than the current stuff.....not that I'm a big Avs fan anyway... <_<

All-in-all, great work. I can't wait to see your future work. Welcome to the boards!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Did some 3D versions of 'em, eh... Sorry it's so big, but 3D's all about detail, so I wanted you to be able to see as much as possible.

avsredux8qd.jpg

I really appreciate the warm welcome and feedback, everyone! I've been seriously considering finishing up my design degree which I bailed on earlier because "the graphic design market is flooded--there's no demand". I just love doing it, and it'd be great to get paid to do stuff I love doing, don't ya think?

I'm sure I'll be jumping on some other teams soon here. As you can tell though, the Avs are certainly my number one team :)

I agree on the pants stripe. I thought it would flow well with the one coming down the shoulder and arm, but probably not. The pants and helmets and socks were just kind of after-thoughts.

The helmets though I liked matching the top stripe, instead of the pre-dominant color of the jersey. You never know til you actually see it on the players though, eh. The Avs had their helmets reversed for either just their very first game in CO or for the first few games. They just had to play w/em on for a bit to see what looked better, eh.

spacer.png

The alt may look a bit plain in game use--but would a great fashion jersey--nice idea, shows a bit a thinking and using the obvious (as for their secondary--I don't know what that foot has to do with an avalanche...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

See I always liked the "bigfoot" logo. Abonimal Snowman/Yetti. It makes sense and some might say its a stretch but I got it right away when I saw it.

As for these, I like them and I don't. I like the Mountain logo, its clean and the "A" shape is there. (I prefer the legs ending equally instead of more 3D, at least on the jerseys. Maybe seeing them by themselves would change my mind.)

I'm not to sold on the Montreal style uniforms. I really think the Avs have a great look as is. But even if I throw out my preconcieved knowledge of an Avalanche team, I still am not feeling these completly. I like your illustration on the stick in the snow and its a good idea that's for sure. I think that's actually my favorite part of the set. The white out wouldn't look too great on the ice, but it is a cool idea.

Good work though!

Archived