Complete Avalanche Redux--logos et al

StPatty33

You're logo is infinitely better than what the Avalanche have now (I hate that burgundy.) Your alternate sweater is clever and funny, but needs something more to it. (Maybe just on the sleeves) Your two regular jerseys look okay, but they should use both shades of blue and you should omit the middle stripe.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The white-out is a phenomenal concept, and would make a great jersey in terms of fashion. That said, I can't see it on the ice. But it is extremely creative, and funny. Very nice.

As for the home/road primaries, the stripe across the torso could be an homage to Colorado's state flag, it you change the colors just a little. I know the Rockies did have that in their mountain logo before they became the Devils, but it could be done here, and not look so "Canadiens".

Great work again!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The white-out is a phenomenal concept, and would make a great jersey in terms of fashion. That said, I can't see it on the ice. But it is extremely creative, and funny. Very nice.

As for the home/road primaries, the stripe across the torso could be an homage to Colorado's state flag, it you change the colors just a little. I know the Rockies did have that in their mountain logo before they became the Devils, but it could be done here, and not look so "Canadiens".

Great work again!

Surprisingly you're the first person that's noted the flag similarity. It is kind of a Rockies/Avalanche meld in a tasteful color scheme.

I'd thought about making the stripes more Colorado flag obvious... but yellow and red just doesn't cut it.

If I were to take the center stripe out like some people suggest (I still like it alot, making the jersey look much more old school) then I'd leave the rest of the torso the way it is, all blank I think.

Although I did find a "vintage' Toronto jersey that had one big solid blue line across the top like mine--which I thought was a much newer design. So much for that part being the 'new school', eh?

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

How'd you make the logo? Did you draw it first, or what? And what program did you use...

I was messing around in a sketchbook and drew a very early version. It was simple enough to where I just looked it it while I drew it in Adobe Illustrator. I spent probably 3 or 4 hours tweaking it trying to get it just right, and viola.

If it's a more complex logo that I've drawn, I'll usually snap a quick picture of it with my digital camera then transfer it to the PC into illustrator where I'll trace it with the pen tool. I find it much quicker than scanning the thing and with the 'macro' button on my camera it's just as accurate, eh.

spacer.png

• 2 months later...

Love the update.

Especially love the colors and logo.

Especially hate the unbalanced shoulders - a Bigfoot logo on one shoulder, player number on the other? Ewww! First thing I noticed, and it takes away from how much I like the rest of the sweater.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

This looks great!

The alt logo is simply hilarious.

I can't stop thinking that there's somebody at the other end of the hockey stick who is in big trouble ahahahhahahaha

Nice work St.Patty... Rellay cool stuff!

What is also great, is that you feel the cold when you look at the sweater...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Personally I think the Mountain "A" is a bit abstract for my taste. I also think the Blue, Grey, White color scheme lacks contrast. I seems to need a stong, dark color, oh, like maroon perhaps, as a stripe trim or something.

Still, nicely done and well excuted and I say if you want the center stripe, go right ahead. To me it's not so much "Canadiens" as it is "hockey".

Now, this all white jersey with the stick logo.

Freakin' Genius! Spyboy1's Concept of the Month!

Funniest, cleverest jersey I have probably ever seen on this board. Heck, I even like it without the arm stripes because I get what you were trying to do. It doesn't need to look more like a "hockey jersey" with the arm stripes because it's not a "hockey jersey", it's conveying the concept of the whiteout in an avalance. Next time you are buried in an avalance look around and see how much color is in your world. Not much pal!

Lose the arm stripes and be true to your vision.

Can't wait to see more teams with your spin.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I knew the white alt was going to be a hate-it-or-love-it situation for everyone. I'm glad there's enough people that love it though : )

spacer.png

That mountain logo is the one of the best I've ever seen, it's an improvement over their current logo. I'm liking that white jersey, actually. The powder blue goes great with the set. Great work!

Whoa! Throwback thread. Well, 2 months ago, but anwyays. On your new template, these are looking pretty sharp. Like VitaminD said, the unbalanced shoulders are a no-no, but other than that, I like what you've done. Again, Let's go Red Wings...81-1. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry to keep digging this up, but that stick logo is absolute genius :notworthy: . I love everything about it. Keep up the awesome work and please let us know if anything else is in the works with this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived