Wild White Sox concepts from 1981

gueman

Back in September of 1981 the White Sox had a fashon show to pick the new unis. There was a photo in the Sporting News that showed all the concepts. Some were really out there even for today. Does any one have that pic or any of the concepts?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

There was a thread that had some of this in it a while back, but here's a photo for you:

dscn029326jm.jpg

I know Discriminhater was probably in diapers when these concepts were presented, but why is it that I think of him when I see these outlandish uniform designs?

QPR%20Sig.png

There was a thread that had some of this in it a while back, but here's a photo for you:

dscn029326jm.jpg

I know Discriminhater was probably in diapers when these concepts were presented, but why is it that I think of him when I see these outlandish uniform designs?

shoot, I was still sperm then, if I existed in any form at all :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Apparently we can see which finalist had MOST of his/her ideas incorporated. I like seeing things like this. Multiple ideas actually put in production and presented for people to vote on. Would be nice if every team did this, but there's obvious reasons why that doesn't happen often: Ego and Money being the main two reasons.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Thanks all. It had beeb sitting with no replies for a bit. I was hoping that some one might have had a color photo. The B/W was better than what I remember.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Apparently we can see which finalist had MOST of his/her ideas incorporated. I like seeing things like this. Multiple ideas actually put in production and presented for people to vote on. Would be nice if every team did this, but there's obvious reasons why that doesn't happen often: Ego and Money being the main two reasons.

It was a nice contest and I, a teenager with felt tips, really wanted to contribute. However, I couldn't get to the stadium to get the paperwork, and there was no internet yet of course. I believe the templates were available in the programs, and the contest was open to everyone - professionals and amateurs alike. In that SI picture, the far right design was done by an amateur on the template (SI also showed some "joke" fan designs - also using the same template). I believe the winner, 2nd from the left in the b/w photo, was done by an amateur as well. I am not sure he was thrilled that they "edited" his design a bit, but he did get presented with a free uniform as a "prize".

LT

Archived