Pic of new NHL rink dimensions

Puckguy14

Is Buffalo still going with the blue ice?

Please no. I can't stand to watch games at Boise State with their "Smurf Turf".

I think it's less jarring than the "Smurf Turf". From the pictures I saw (and I will defer to Burgess, who actually saw it in person), it more closely resembled the color blue Sega used for NHL '93-'95.

Or more recently the Historic Rink on ESPN NHL Hockey 2k4.

rink.jpg

Absolutely ridiculous. Putting both nets on the same side of the ice, and perpendicular to the goal line? Who thinks up this stuff? What about the fans sitting all the way down on the other end of the rink? What are they supposed to watch?

:D

...and what's the deal with players playing in a variety of different coloured uniforms? Why is there one guy wearing yellow trim.? I thought the Sharks were supposed to be a professional orgainsation.....

I saw, I came, I left.

What did you think of it in person?

I know you didn't ask me, but I didn't like it. It just looked all messy 5 minutes, or so, into the periods. All the scraped ice shavings were still white and the accumulation made it hard to follow. It did remind me of a blast from the past though, I mean from what I've seen on TV or in pictures.

rink.jpg

Absolutely ridiculous.  Putting both nets on the same side of the ice, and perpendicular to the goal line?  Who thinks up this stuff?  What about the fans sitting all the way down on the other end of the rink?  What are they supposed to watch?

...and what's the deal with players playing in a variety of different coloured uniforms? Why is there one guy wearing yellow trim.? I thought the Sharks were supposed to be a professional orgainsation.....

© Oh jeez. To clear this up here. The pic was taken during a practice. I recall this drill, I think its supposed to be a 3-on-3 drill as a way to "get back" on a turnover quicker. The guys on the blue line, keep the puck in. These are not the Sharks. The rinks were set up in preparation for the Rookie Tourney with the Sharks, Ducks, Kings and Coyotes to be held at Logitech Ice, the practice facility of the Sharks.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Can someone clean this up and vectorize this bad boy please?  :hockeysmiley:  :hockeysmiley:  :hockeysmiley:

I don't claim that this is any good, but maybe someone else can work from it.

nhl_ice.gif

http://files.clarkrasmussen.com/board_posts/nhl_ice.zip

I didn't actually base the line widths or positions off of the measurements given, I just eyeballed it 'cause I'm supposed to be doing "real" work right now. If you use it elsewhere, give me credit. The zip file has a CS and an AI8 version.

rink.jpg

Absolutely ridiculous.  Putting both nets on the same side of the ice, and perpendicular to the goal line?  Who thinks up this stuff?  What about the fans sitting all the way down on the other end of the rink?  What are they supposed to watch?

© Oh jeez. To clear this up here. The pic was taken during a practice. I recall this drill, I think its supposed to be a 3-on-3 drill as a way to "get back" on a turnover quicker. The guys on the blue line, keep the puck in. These are not the Sharks. The rinks were set up in preparation for the Rookie Tourney with the Sharks, Ducks, Kings and Coyotes to be held at Logitech Ice, the practice facility of the Sharks.

OH GZZZE! Can't you take a joke? :D

I saw, I came, I left.

doesnt that goal look alittle lopsided??

BI3.jpg

That is a prototype net that the NHL was considering using.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived