Something i was thinking

Conns09

I've often thought about what colors cities would adopt if color standardization became a rule (I know it could never be a rule, this is just a what if.)

What color would Philadelphia go with? Red-White-Blue? Green-Silver? Black-Orange? The city flag is powder blue / gold, so maybe that?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've often thought about what colors cities would adopt if color standardization became a rule (I know it could never be a rule, this is just a what if.)

What color would Philadelphia go with? Red-White-Blue? Green-Silver? Black-Orange? The city flag is powder blue / gold, so maybe that?

It's funny when you think about it for Boston..

- You've got a team with a color (RED) in their name (Red Sox)

- You've got a team who's local nickname are their colors (go Black n Gold!)

- You've got a team with a name that REQUIRES red white and blue (Pats)

- You've got a team with a name that REQUIRES green (Celtics)

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

It's funny when you think about it for Boston..

- You've got a team who's local nickname are their colors (go Black n Gold!)

Aren't a lot of teams known in their hometown by their colors? "Black & Gold" is probably not a unique-sounding nickname. The Bruins are more known as the "B's", as the Celtics are the "C's".

Look at the University of Michigan. I think the website is "MGoBlue"-dot-com.

I've heard the White Sox referred to as the "Pale Hose".

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I was thinking could one city have one set of colors for all pro teams. Like Phili having Red (Pihilies) & Black (Sixers). Could that work?

Sure, but who'd want it? I think it's boring and it ties your hands too much in identity development.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

There are some cities that SHOULD have teams that share the same colors, for one reason or another.

Washington teams should always be red, white and blue, and for obvious reasons.

Same with Philadelphia. Those teams should also be red, white and blue, but they won't, also for obvious reasons.

I always associate Toronto teams with the double blue. The Raptors should get on board and the Blue Jays should get back on board.

You think of Seattle as being the Emerald City. You'd think all the teams there could have the same colors, with the most prominent being green.

A few New York City teams have blue and orange as their colors, but the Yankees, for one, sure aren't going to change their colors to comply with the others.

I think of Denver and I think of purple mountain majesty, but the Broncos sure won't change colors.

All of Miami's teams should be aqua and orange -- even the Heat.

Etc., etc., etc.

Archived