Raptors adopt Canada Reds as primary road unis?

Pixelboy

I dunno if this has been discussed here before, or if it's been in the news... but I was talking with someone connected with the Raptors last week, and according to him the Raps are dropping their two-tone black and purple road jerseys. They're going to be wearing their current red alternates as their primary road unis this year.

Personally I like the purple for the Raptors....

So much red out there.......actually theres a lot of purple in ther NBA as well, but I dont know. I like what they have.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

this is definetely a move in the right direction. hopefully they ditch the primary logo with the circle/spikes too, or at least simplify it to make it not look like it was designed in 1994.

Raptors Website. Look at the top and the unis the Rookies are wearing! RED!

the whole website is red. very little sign of purple anywhere.

i also don't see the primary logo much. looks like they are using the TR maple leaf and (my favorite secondary logo in the NBA) the dino footprint

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

this is definetely a move in the right direction. hopefully they ditch the primary logo with the circle/spikes too, or at least simplify it to make it not look like it was designed in 1994.

i came up with this a while ago. basically it's the current logo, with a red, silver, black colour scheme. the circles, wordmarks, and spikes are removed to give it a less dated look.

toraptors.png

Speaking of the Raptors' site, what's with this graphic by the ad for Raptors Insider?

skull_anim_65.gif

Warning: Only One Way to Get Tickets First!

Is that supposed to be an enticement?  A skull and crossbones, blinking no less?

You beat me to it.

The Raptors could do so much more with their jerseys and logos considering their name. The one thing I do like is the "silver dinosaur footprint with basketball heel" alternate.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

I like the switch to red.

But for the record, the purple wasn't the problem. The problem was the ill-conceived "purple on the front, black on the back" layout. And the poor attempt at matching the shorts to that awful layout.

Ah, red'll look good, but I'd hope some vestige of purple would stick around somewhere.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i came up with this a while ago. basically it's the current logo, with a red, silver, black colour scheme. the circles, wordmarks, and spikes are removed to give it a less dated look.

toraptors.png

perfect. if they used that, the TR-maple leaf, and changed the ball-claw logo to red, they'd have a perfect logo set.

and no, the name does not need to be changed. i still think raptors is an effective name, even if it was inspired by a movie. at least its not the Mighty Dinos.

Archived