Minor League Baseball

Breakwood

I went to visit some family this past week and I found out that the Toronto Blue Jays Double-A team the New Hampshire Fishercats were playing down the road in Norwich against the San Francsico Giants double-A team the Norwich Navigators. This was my second minor league baseball game, both being in AA. It was a great night out, helped out by the fact that it was a double header. Minor League baseball is great, you get to see a bunch of young looking to make it in the big leagues, which mean great action because they are acctually playing for the love of the game. The prices can't be beat either, I was about 5 rows behiend the Fishercats dugout and it costed 10 bucks, which is what I pay for the skydeck at Rogers Centre. The prices of food are also great, I spent 5 bucks and was filled up all night. Since all these players are basically unknown, I was able to talk to some of them in between games. We talked about Gustavo Chacin and Gregg Zaun's rehab stint in New Hampshire. I think Minor League baseball is great, and I just wanted to hear what some other people thought about it.

I'll have some of my pictures online in a bit.

1zqy8ok.gif

Minor League baseball is the best value in pro sports especially for families. Many teams invest in between-inning gimmicks and the obligatory goofy mascots. Some parks have added play areas to help entertain kiddies who cannot sit in a seat for all 9 inning, a great move. Add in the factor of saying you saw current big league stars (or Michael Jordan) play baseball early in their career.

RobbyBox2.jpg

the navigators are my hometown team and they got me hooked on minor league baseball

whenever i'm in a certain town, i make sure i see a game

as long theres not a tiny little kid constantly asking questions, it doesn't get much better

New Orleans Saints

New Orleans Hornets

New Orleans Zephyrs

Mobile Bay Bears

Montgomery Biscuits

Mississippi Braves

Birmingham Barons

Mississippi Sea Wolves

University of New Orleans

Tulane University

The above organizations were hit extremely hard by Hurricane Katrina. Sports can wait.

If you're a fan, or just want to help, please donate to the Red Cross.

Archived