Toronto Maple Leafs concept

IceCap

the leafs may be my favorit team, but i'm not a fan of their current home and road unis. the alt is deffently the best, and possibly the best leafs jersey in history. the current logo represents the ballard years and all the shame that era brought. the alt logo (ie the former primary logo) is on par with the montreal canadiens "C" when it comes to symbolising their respective teams histories.

so this concept is based off of the the current alt jersey (whitch is a reproduction of the leafs 1958-1967 road jersey). so basically this concept is advocating for the leafs to return to their '58-'67 look. i did modify the desighn slightly. i used the current number font, and added the current ballard leaf to the shoulders (minus wording). i did this because i wanted the unis to have a retro yet modern look, and i believe i accomplished this with the ballard leaf on the shoulders. i also ditched the triple stripped socks, seeing as they didn't match the jersey stripping, and that has always bugged me. plus i think the double stripped socks helps add to the modern feel of the uni. for the alt i came up with a throwback-like homage to the leafs former identity, the st. pats. it also pays homage to the fact that the leafs used the colurs green and white during their first season under the leafs identity. thanks to RC for the recources.

C&C welcome:

leafsunis.png

Pretty good, but the alt makes them look too much like country-rival Montreal. I suggest making a green version of the away...

Otherwise, solid.

yeah, i thought that at first, but the jersey style is influenced by the stripping of the st. pats.

StPats4.gif

thanks to NHLuniforms.com for the image

I really like these, except that I think the ballard leaf on the shoulder makes for too many leaves on the sweater. I would go with the modern TLM logo on the shoulders, and I agree that you should go for some continuity with the striping on the alt, basically making it a green version of the road.

Other than that, I've always liked this crest better. And I'm really liking the green alt. Good work.

I really like these, except that I think the ballard leaf on the shoulder makes for too many leaves on the sweater. I would go with the modern TLM logo on the shoulders, and I agree that you should go for some continuity with the striping on the alt, basically making it a green version of the road.

Other than that, I've always liked this crest better. And I'm really liking the green alt. Good work.

well i wanted this set to have some modern flavor, so my choices for an alt logo were narrowed down to the TML logo and the ballard leaf. after switching the TML and ballard leaf in and out, i decided that the ballard leaf looked better.

i just finished up with a green version of the blue jersey, and it isn't the look i was looking for in the alt. i wanted the alt to have a different look then the home and road set, witch the white alt i came up with does very well, imo.

thanks to everyone who's complemented thus far.

I'm diggin' these....to me, these would be perfect for the Leafs. Sheesh, I'd be tempted to buy one of these and I'm not even remotely a fan of the Leafs :lol:

I like the old school Leafs logo MUCH more than the Ballard era logo they presently use. To me, the Leafs need to move away from the Ballard era as much as possible...why would anyone in their right mind want to be reminded of the abject suckfest the Ballard mismanagement period was for the Leafs?

Love the throwback alts as a nod to the St. Pats past as well (and also a good call stating the Leafs wore green that first year after Conn Smythe took em over...not many folks know that)

The only real concern, and it's a slight one, is with the shoulder patch...not sure if I'm liking the Ballard-era leaf on the shoulders. Just wondering if you gave the shoulder emblem on the 92-93 jerseys any consideration, seeing I thought that one went with the look of the current jersey a lot more than the current TML monogram...then again, these could do without the shoulder patches entirely and still look great, IMO.

All in all, this is extremely solid. Excellent job! :hockeysmiley:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I'm diggin' these....to me, these would be perfect for the Leafs.  Sheesh, I'd be tempted to buy one of these and I'm not even remotely a fan of the Leafs :lol:

I like the old school Leafs logo MUCH more than the Ballard era logo they presently use.  To me, the Leafs need to move away from the Ballard era as much as possible...why would anyone in their right mind want to be reminded of the abject suckfest the Ballard mismanagement period was for the Leafs?

Love the throwback alts as a nod to the St. Pats past as well (and also a good call stating the Leafs wore green that first year after Conn Smythe took em over...not many folks know that)

The only real concern, and it's a slight one, is with the shoulder patch...not sure if I'm liking the Ballard-era leaf on the shoulders.  Just wondering if you gave the shoulder emblem on the 92-93 jerseys any consideration, seeing I thought that one went with the look of the current jersey a lot more than the current TML monogram...then again, these could do without the shoulder patches entirely and still look great, IMO.

All in all, this is extremely solid.  Excellent job!  :hockeysmiley:

wow. my first ever "I'd buy one if it was real" compliamnt. Thanks!

you did get my thinking about the ballard leaf on the shoulders. as i said before i tried the TML and didn't like it. however the option to cut ALL ties with the ballard era was to good to pass up, so i started looking at options for the shoulder patch.

the '92-'93 shoulder patch looked good, but the logo itself was to close to the primary to be an efective alt, imo. so that basically left the TML logo or no shoulder patch at all. in the end i decided i did want a shoulder patch, i tried the TML again, and that is what i ended up using. however i did eliminate all silver from it. here it is, c&c welcome as always:

leafsunis2.png

all though i don't like the desighn as mutch as the version with the ballard leaf shoulder patch, i actually perfer the TML shoulder uniforms now that i take a good look at them. all remenents of the ballard era have been removed, and that's the way it's suppose to be :hockeysmiley:

This is a fabulous concept. But to make it resemble the 57-68 era even more, add a white collar on the home, blue laces on the road, and white stripe on the pants.
i just eddited both versions following these suggestions (minus the blue laces on the road). imo it was an improvement. thanks.

I'd buy one as well

though--as much respect as I have with heritage and vintage stuff (sometimes I'm OBSESSED with it even), I think just the new style leaf logo, plain and white with no outlines would go well here... *shrugs* ...don't punch me anyone!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

I HATE, HATE, HATE the Leafs! THat being said I would buy that green alt if it were real! I see that being worn late in the season, sometime in March, maybe the 17th!

Cool...

SHaMROCK wanting to buy a green jersey, hmm..............

:P

Archived