What do you notice about this jersey?

mr71

Well, when I bid for this, I thought it would be for the pre-2000 style.  Unfortunately, here's what I found wrong about it

-No Russell logo on the sleeve

-No Diamond Collection tag on the bottom

-Giants logo is glued on and not sewn

Also, I think the logo is more for the current jersey and not for this era's jersey.  I may be wrong about it.

I don't remember the 1999 striping, but if the team only made the jersey cream and added the patch, then the striping is wrong.

Report this seller.  He said you were getting an Authentic, but you're not.  He may be technically okay because of his wording, but still.  In the future, I'd check things out with the guys here before for authenticity and if the guy is a bad seller.  Like BJ4Bama.  He has a high approval, but the stuff he sells(autographs, jerseys) are fakes.

as a giants fan who owns both the 94-99 authentic home jersey AND the current authentic home jersey, I must say that this is DEFINITLY the 94-99 era jersey. its not supposed to have a shoulder logo of any kind.

however, that is by no means an authentic jersey. the numbers do look indeed glued on. this is a replica jersey.

as a replication of the old jersey, it is correct. the trim on the sleeves AND the script are correct for that era's jersey. but it is definitly NOT authentic like I said.

the seller obviously gave out wrong information by calling in "authentic"

Well, I'm not too mad since I only paid $25 but I'm concerned about the logo.  It doesn't look like it's from the 99 season and it seems the glue might fall off.  Hopefully, my letterer can reinforce the logo onto the jersey.

I agree with everyone.  That is replica.  This is what I call an authentic replica.  The Giants sell three versions since the 1994 logo change.  First one is a replica where the lettering is heat glued on and is very replica-ish.  The second one is the one all MLB teams have.  Its the authentic replica.  This is the one where it can look like an authentic jersey, with the sewn lettering and patches, but does not have the MLB patch in the back.  And then the authentic.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Well, I'm gonna go back on what I said on the script. It looks like it's not as arced as I thought, and mostly arched like the old one, plus it does not have the tan drop shadow. However, according to this, the trim is off. This is from the MLB, and then from that one Dressed To The Nines site.

nl_1999_sanfrancisco.gif

I'll check some baseball cards later.

Archived