MLS - European Style

gordie_delini

So I did all of these MLS templates for another thread, and I thought to myself, 'what if MLS did their uniforms like the European teams?' So I took my templates, added the logos, and instead of the team wordmark across the chest, I did the team sponsor. Some of the teams dont have jersey sponsors anymore, so i had to improvise. I left Chivas and DC without sponsors because their jerseys are just too classic without them. anyway, C&C is welcomed and appreciated

CD-Chivas-USA.gif

Chicago-Fire.gif

Colorado-Rapids.gif

Columbus-Crew.gif

DC-United.gif

FC-Dallas.gif

Kansas-City-Wizards.gif

OD_Signature.jpg

I hate soccer...BUT...these unis look really sweet!! :D Definitely useable designs if the league ever went the route of the rest of the world...

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

I hate Soccer, and hate all uniforms that have corporate sponsors on them (I mean, Europeans say us Americans only care about money, yet they go and plaster their sports teams uniforms with advertisements!).

But I must admit, as concepts, those are pretty good.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

I think it'd look better (and more European) if you removed the background color from many of the sponsor logos (Budweiser, Pepsi & Honda come to mind) as that's typically how it's done.

I think the Honda ones look amazing *nods*

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Ok 1st shootachtung - as to why Chivas and DC dont have sponsors- check out the first post

2nd KeeperEUSC - LA Galaxy is sponsored by Budweiser because that is their actual sponsor

3rd lost_limey - i put in the colored backgrounds for some of them, one to make them standout, two because some of them (i.e. Bud) wouldnt look as good in the team colors - and as for deleting the backgrounds, it is not in fact how most teams in europe do it - most teams leave them how they are. if its a text sponsorship, like the kohl's sponsorship, are often left with the sponsor's color. other sponsorships (like arsenal's O2) are put into team colors - really its a team by team choice.

should anyone have ideas as to sponsorship changes, i'd be more than happy to post the MLS jersey of your suggestion with your suggested sponsor

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived