Best and Worst baseball alts

grmuckrakers

Hi guys,

I'm working on new Diamond Duds column about baseball alts (We covered sleeveless jerseys before) and wondered what you guys though the best and worst of the lot are.

Personally, I think the Athletics' green tops are OK, and use of the Braves red tops should be halted. Now.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

Dave

www.baseballtruth.com

www.metsguyinmichigan.blogspot.com

I'm also a Braves fan who hates the alt. Here's my theory as to why it looks the way it does. This is the 10th anniversary of the Braves' 95 World Series Championship. All along one part of Turner field they have banners marking each of the playoff years whether it be a division championship(yellow banner with blue #'s), League Championship(yellow banner with red #'s) or the one W.S.C.(red banner with blue numbers outlined in white). The jersey follows this same pattern as the World Series banner in that it is red with blue piping, text, and #'s, all outlined in white.

I don't mind alt's, as long as they are classy and are only worn on occasion.

My favorite has to be the Rangers blue (when worn on the road with the grey pants.) Saw it when they played in Phila, and it instantly became my favorite.

My least favorite is probably the Cubs.

I'd probably like it if it had some kind of trim, or at least the C-UBS logo on the chest instead of the C Bear. I grew up with the Cubs wearing exclusively blue on the road, and I think it could work, but this jersey just looks like a warmup or something. Also, they wear it at home too often, depriving me of seing a great home uniform in person when I went to Wrigley last summer.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My avatar displays my bias so I won't even mention the birds, but I love Pittsburgh's.

All Rockies black vest jerseys must be burned.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Black Orioles alt far and away my fav... would love to see the Cubs in something similar... blue w/red numbers/letters w/no white outline... simply the "C" around "ubs" in red on the left chest....

Thumbs up to:

Orioles

Royals blue

White Sox

Rangers sleeveless

Twins (anyone remember the horrible red alt they had?)

Brewers

A's

Make me ill:

Braves

Mets

Arizona (the whole set is bad... start over... Tampa and Toronto too)

Colorado black sleeveless

Royals black

Astros

Archived