New Arizona Football Uniforms

Filthy Cats

I know this was posted before, but the pics that were posted were not the actual jerseys and did a dis-service to them, I think. I think they look great, especially the red jersey. What does everyone think? Please, no fanny pack comments. It looks nothing like a fanny pack & you gotta give props to Arizona for being the FIRST and ONLY team to have its name on the back of the jersey instead of the front.

http://arizona.scout.com/2/420063.html

I wonder if I should let my bias speak here... Sure, why not.

These jerseys reek of lameness, man. What's Arizona trying prove, how much suckiness they can fit into their fanny packs.

(That was good, my bias for the Washington Huskies)

Actually, they're not the first D-I team to have their name on the back. A few years ago, I can remember D-IAA McNeese State having "Cowboys", or whatever their nickname is, on the backs of their jerseys, where the nameplate would go. It's a nickname, and not the school name, I realize that. At the time, though, it stuck out, as I had never seen that anywhere besides pee wee football.

Please, no fanny pack comments. It looks nothing like a fanny pack...

No way that looks like a fanny pack. It looks like a harness for bungee jumping. BEAR DOWN...then up, then down, then up, down, up, down, then unclip and walk away.

I don't mind how clean the unis are when viewed from the front but the

name on the back is just too far. It's a fad and really has no business

being on there. I've said it before and I'll say it again, UA got rid of the asymetrical striping and

essentially threw away their unique look. Same goes for VT losing the opposite colored sleeve numbers. It's little stuff like that makes the programs unique in the

crowded world of D-! football.

forget the styling of the uniforms, one of my pet peeves is when side panels on the jerseys dont match those on the pants, for instance the bills and the pats. if you look at the red jersey you will see a blue stripe going down the side of the jersey, but the white pants continue with a red stripe...its just annoying and unnecessary

Miami.png

Is the nameplate font identical to the one the Patriots use or just similar?

The two fonts are different. Arizona's nameplate font looks like the same font used for the numbers (similar curved corners and square inner corners). It reminds me of a font called Roboti, I think it was made by Letraset.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Is the nameplate font identical to the one the Patriots use or just similar?

The two fonts are different. Arizona's nameplate font looks like the same font used for the numbers (similar curved corners and square inner corners). It reminds me of a font called Roboti, I think it was made by Letraset.

if memory serves me, it was ROBOTIK that was the basis for the UA fonts.

Even the numbers are from the same font (I think the Blue Jackets also use it for nameplate lettering, maybe even the Oilers alt).

Too bad there's no bold version of Robotik?it must have been custom modified for jersey numbers.

Did the Titans wear that style numbers before Arizona? I'm pretty sure the BearCats wore standard varsity block in the past, at least when Bruschi played for them.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived