Arizona cardinals considering a uni change in 2005

TruColor

Apparently, today on a radio station in Phoenix, Michael Bidwill and Rod Graves of the Cardinals' front office were asked about the possibility of new uniforms once they move into the new stadium (looks like 2005).

They said they are definitely considering a change...however, they WILL still be the Cardinals. No name change.

I've mentioned this before, but there's a designer out there who has sent me preliminary designs for a new AZ Cardinals look, but he won't let me share it until it's done. It kicks serious booty. I just LOVE this guy's idea. I can't wait to share, but I promised him I wouldn't prematurely.

WooHoo!! My Cardinals might make a change!!!!

(I've only been waiting - oh, about 33 years so far...no gray facemasks? Please?)

how much are we willing to bet that the majority of the regulars on here are either gonna say "it sucks" or "I could come up with something better"??  :D

No kidding...

Because I like it, probably means 95% of the rest of you will hate it.  Oh well...

???

how much are we willing to bet that the majority of the regulars on here are either gonna say "it sucks" or "I could come up with something better"??  :D

No kidding...

Because I like it, probably means 95% of the rest of you will hate it.  Oh well...

???

Does the new look include cardinal red and brown?

DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?  YES.  All I have to say is, it's about darn time!  (Ideas?  See my concept on Pantone's SSUR site!)

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

No; the only hint I'll give is that is uses a variation of the Arizona state flag's colors...

Hmmm, so that would be blue, red, yellow, and copper. No brown. Trivia on the flag - the blue and yellow are Arizona's colors and the red and yellow are the colors of the Spanish Conquistadores headed by Coronado who first came to Arizona in 1540. The blue and the red are the same as on the US flag. The copper star represents Arizona as the largest producer of copper in the nation.

bear in mind these infamous words, originally brought to you by pantone: "Let's see what the other teams do first"-Bidwill in 72 when it was suggested that the Cards change to black facemasks.  that said, them desert birds need something.  i never thought it'd be a uni change, but sounds likely to me.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

From an article in today's Arizona Republic @

http://www.arizonarepublic.com/sports/arti...ickley0112.html

During a radio show appearance, Bidwill said the organization is contemplating changing its uniforms when it begins play at the new stadium. When pressed by host Mike Jurecki, Bidwill said both color and design of the uniform could be altered. And while the bird logo would forever be untouched, fan participation may be utilized in making the final decision.

Now, if the old man was not aware of such plans, they are words that will surely make his ears bleed. But it's exactly what the public wants to hear.

See, a small thing like changing the colors would mean everything to Arizonans. It would be a sign that the Cardinals are their football team, not a team from another town clinging to a tradition born in another city.

It appears the young Bidwill understands this.

???

Archived