AZ Cardinals In White Jerseys, Red Pants Tonight

TruColor

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm a big fan of the falcons new uniforms, and the patroits are one of the best dressed teams in football. same can be said for the rams.

I guess when I say modernized I am referring to Atlanta, Cincy, Arizona etc. I suppose modernized was the wrong word. I don't care for the look with the weird stripes and piping like Atlanta, Arizona, Cincy or Denver or the Miami style that is running amok in college. Then there are Buffalo's uniforms which are just flat out stupid. I like the Patriots and Rams uniforms too. They are a little more traditional I guess. Bad choice of words on my part. I was being too general in my description.

BB52Big.jpg

The helmet looks outta place when they sport these jerseys...like from the neck down it's 2005, but from the neck up, it's 1976.

Pretty much what I was thinking.

Should have done something like this:

AC.png

:grin:

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I would agree there is entirely too much red on the white jerseys. They really need to tone it down. Other than that, Cardinals have an "OK" uniform. I'd really like to see the red jerseys in action. I don't think they've worn those yet. My best guess is that the Giants will wear white Week 1 to show off their new road uniforms, opening the door for the Cardinals to wear red jerseys on the field for the first time.

The helmet looks outta place when they sport these jerseys...like from the neck down it's 2005, but from the neck up, it's 1976.

AC.png

Yeah, it seems that SO many people want that look...I've got two concepts on my site like that, and rumor had it that the Cardinals actually DID look at something exactly like that, but (wisely) decided against it.

No offense, but I HATE it (!).

:P

AC.png

Yeah, it seems that SO many people want that look...I've got two concepts on my site like that, and rumor had it that the Cardinals actually DID look at something exactly like that, but (wisely) decided against it.

The cardinals have some of the best helmets in the league. They just have to change the facemask.

theres just way too much going on with all the side inserts, sleeve inserts, shoulder yoke, diagonal-slash pants, and piping everywhere. but then the helmet looks so incredibly out of date, even with the new logo.

its like they got teenagers to design the uniforms and grandparents to design the helmet. they so badly need red facemasks.

imo the cards have some of the best unis in the leauge. no joke. i hated them when they came out but, they grew on me. the only things that could make them better would be to remove the red yoke from the white jerseys and use used red facemasks.

Somebody asked my opinion on these...

I've been studying them a LOT (as you can imagine). I basically like them, but I definitely prefer the White pants over the Red pants. I agree that they can look a little too busy...I've never been a fan of the side-panel striping - they usually don't match up well with the striping on the pants (see New England, the older Rams uniforms, Buffalo, et al), but at least the Cardinals made an attempt to make them a continuous stripe.

I've been wanting more Black in the uniforms since 1972, and was not very happy when they removed the Black from the White jerseys in 1996. So this part is good. The new logo is great. Although, it still looks a little small on the helmet...part of the issue was in the way the old logo was "stretched" around the helmet - the new logo does not do that.

I love the wordmark on the front; this is one "trendy" thing that I do like.

And as always - DEATH TO GRAY FACEMASKS!!!!

:cursing:

No offense taken. ^_^

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Okay, I'm watching this game on the NFL Network(repeat), and something is really bothering me. Most of the players are wearing red socks with the red pamts and it looks horrible. Some are wearing the white socks and it looks so much better. Here is an example.

BAD

AZCardinals_20050826_jjrunoak.gif

GOOD

AZCardinals_20050826_kurtoak.gif

Okay, I'm watching this game on the NFL Network(repeat), and something is really bothering me. Most of the players are wearing red socks with the red pamts and it looks horrible. Some are wearing the white socks and it looks so much better. Here is an example.

BAD

AZCardinals_20050826_jjrunoak.gif

GOOD

AZCardinals_20050826_kurtoak.gif

leotards never look good

Archived