Describe your style

Brass

How do you play the sports you play? What kind of style? I'll go first:

Sport: Hockey

Play Style: Well since I am 5'5", 115 lbs, AND a defensemen, I have to play tough and physical. I rarely score, but might average around 10 assists a season. I'm more of a stay-at-home defensemen. My shot isn't that great, but I think that I play the blue line pretty good.

Most Resemble: Adam Foote

Sport: Baseball

Play Style: I play kind of fearless in the outfield. I fly all over the place to try to catch the ball. Slidding, diving, jumping, you name it. I love doing it. It's my favorite part of baseball.

Most Resemble: Eric Brynes

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Sport: Football

Well, I'm 5'11", 145 lbs., and white, so...(this is talking about pickup football with friends) I'm not going to be laying any big smack-downs on anybody. However, on defense, I do try and make solid tackles and go after interceptions and knock-downs whenever possible. On offense, my big weapon is my stiff-arm. I'm not the strongest guy by any means, but somehow I can use the stiff-arm at just the right moment and pick up a few more yards.

Most Resemble: ...?

Sport: Basketball

At 5'11" with next to no size, I'm either a small forward or shooting guard...which is ironic because I have little ballhandling skills and my shooting range seems to stop right where the 3-point line starts. I do try and battle inside to get rebounds and set up picks and plays for my teammates with better ballhandling skills and a better shot. There are two things I'm good at though...hitting free-throws and falling down.

Most Resemble: ...?

Eh...I can field okay. I can hit okay, just no power. I usually have a very good batting average though.

Most Resemble: Some middle infielder

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Sport: Hockey

Style: I'm a defenseman, coming off 6 years of being a forward, so I am used to scoring. I rush often and set-up the play infront of the net. As a forward, I wasn't really a goal scorer, just a playmaker.

Most Resemble:

Forward: Patrick O'Sullivan

Defense: Bobby Orr

Sport: Soccer

Style: Left Mid, probably because I have the best left on my team. I usually play defensivly, but I'll go up if I have the chance.

Most Resemble: Figo (apparently to other sources)

Football:

Style: A small wide reciever, who can catch something high, and loves to run.

Most Rememble: I'm not even sure.

Lacrosse: I'm a 6'1", 150 pound middy. On offense I'm more of a John Stockton-type, passing the ball and setting picks. On defense I play real physical, trying to force passes cause I'm not real good defending the shot when playing in front of my man. On the run I can play well with checks from the side and behind.

Basketball: I play SG in our local rec league. Last year I played more down on the blocks and tryed to get rebounds. I also block shots, led the league with 3 a game.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Baseball/Softball:

I can't see a pop-fly off the bat, so I always had to play infield. Although I'm not that fast, I'm fairly quick, and was able to pick up most of the balls that went my way. I played 2B mostly. I couldn't hit worth a darn, but I got a lot of walks because I had a small strike zone (and at 8 years old, the pitching isn't quite that advanced).

Most resemble: Eddie Gaedel

Basketball:

I was the very short, slow third-string point guard on a very good jr. high team (both players that played in front of me played or could have played on the provincial team, and both got scholarship offers from major universities in Canada).

I rode a lot of pine, and made my fair share of mistakes offensively when I was out there (which I attribute to a lack of experience). I didn't score, although I made some very nice passes in my day. I played with a great amount of intensity on defense, and by the end of my playing days, I had developed a streaky shooting style that would either hit 5 shots in a row or miss them all.

Football:

I have a fairly strong arm, but in game situations my accuracy tends to desert me somewhat. I do not make very quick decisions, which I attribute to having a fair amount of trouble seeing the whole field. Since I like to throw it to where my best receivers can make a play on the ball, my success relies heavily on the quality of my receivers.

Defensively, my lack of speed affects my ability to make up ground once a receiver beats me, so I give receivers a good cushion when I play, but am generally able to recover and make a play on the ball. I don't hit much (I play mostly touch football, and at 5'6" 145 lbs, I'd take the brunt of the whupping without pads on), but I have been known to pack a mean unintentional punch.

Hockey:

Decent playmaker on skates, I can stickhandle and pass fairly well for a kid who never played any form of organized puck. I can't shoot worth crap, and my game-situation skating is a little suspect. At my size, I'd be more than likely the nail instead of the hammer, but I never play with hitting anyway.

On the street, I have a fairly powerful shot and fairly good accuracy, but will look to pass first anyway. My goalie skills are pretty good, and although I will surrender the occasional bad goal, I will come up with some nice saves too.

Watching sports:

Unless I am watching football, I am fairly passive. I am into the game, but I'm just not too terribly emotional. I watch most sports fairly analytically, and try to latch onto the cerebral aspect of the sport.

When it comes to football, I watch with my eyes and mouth open. When my team is doing well, I am hooting and hollering in celebration. When we're not playing well, they can probably hear me in Fargo. Needless to say, after yesterdays crap-the-bed performance by the Blue Bomber "defense" (I use the term loosely), I have not much of a voice left.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Football

See, when I played pickup football with my friends, I was the only one who could make my passes decently accurate, so I was always QB. It's funny since I was the biggest guy playing. I really couldn't throw the BIG bomb though, so I always liked to spread it around. I wasn't nearly as bad as I thought I'd be at QB. I always preferred to be a TE cause I can catch the ball pretty well, but that position has no place in pickup football, so I guess it's just as well.

Baseball

I played little league baseball as a kid. I was a pretty good hitter, but VERY poor fielder. SInce there was no DH I was always put in RF or LF. I was also horrible at baserunning. In my 3 years playing, I hit 1 triple, and most people could have turned that into an inside the park home run. I was always more important in cheering everyone up after a bad outing. I'm thinking of making a comeback in a small rec league. Get in shape the school season to play next year.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Football: I'm a Wide Reciever at 6'1" and 160 lbs. I use my speed to my advantage and also utilize the juke move to get open. I use the stiff arm to pick up yards after catch.

Most resemble: Eric Moulds

Baseball: Scrappy shortstop, does whatever it takes to make the play. Strong arm, which is necessary for the numerous plays hit in "no-man's land" between short and third.

Most resemble: Derek Jeter

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

Well I use a mouse and or keyboard...

Oh you mean in real life?

I have fun, and go for it.

I like to use strategy as well--so I may play min games along the way to distract my opponent.

But over all if ain't fun, I don't play.

These days it's a game of min golf here & there.

And exercise.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Soccer: I play right mid. Playing mostly forward since my team struggled up front. Top goal scorer on team but try to get back and defend as much as possible. Passing is definately a strength as I get in on many goals, assisting as well

Resembles:.......

Football:WR, not a great player at football but I can always get open and catch the ball, much like a possesion reciever. Since I don't stretch the field, people don't see me as a threat and play loose coverage on me, and that is a big advantage. When short distances to the goal, I'm definately a target.

Resebles: Bobby Engram minus the speed or Brian Finneran minus the height

Play Style: Coaches have said I have one of the best swings they've seen, but I can't quite make contact to have a nice batting average. Instead, I'm usually under .290, but when I do make contact, the ball, it goes. Far. I mainly play 2B/RF/C, but I have played every position (not just to put me somehwere, I've actually played those positions for several full games). More recently I try to stick to the infield, because of my depth perception sucking, and some relief pitching. I can throw pretty fast, but my cousin is trying to teach me some more pitches that circle change and 4-seam fastball.

Most Resemble: Jim Thome. Actually, my swing resembles his a little, and I seem to wear my socks like him...

Play Style: Well...being 5'7" 180 I'm not that big compared to the other linemen, Ok, so I'm actually small. I play nose tackle and center, I don't know much else to say.

Most Resemble: Mugsy Bogues with football pads.

Think of a slow, good average, pretty good fielding, ok power baseball player :D I played Right Field almost every pitch, but also the other outfield positions, and first base. So I dont know what that makes me?

Soccer I was a great goalie some how. I came out a bit and I guess I just had good hand eye coordination.

Golf? I suck hard. Plain and simple.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Sport: Australian Football

Play Style: Usually play like a smartass and piss off other players, then get the ball and set up goals!

Most Resemble: Stephen Milne/Nick Dal Santo (cos i look slow like Dal)

Sport: Basketball

Play Style: I play like in footy, i give out little elbows, bumps yeah, take screamers! (yeh, but they call a foul every time)

Most Resemble: Matthew Morris

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Sport: Golf

Style: My entire game is my handicap. Actually, I'm not too bad a putter, so I'm pretty good on the putt-putt courses. But I'm awful with the woods and so-so with the irons.

Sport: Tennis

Style: I miss playing it. I can't play this year because I broke my leg in March. But my style is pretty decent at the net with my 6-5 height, terribly slow in the backcourt and I have a goofy, twisting, slow serve.

Sport: Football.

Style: I make a great goalpost.

Sport: Baseball.

Style: There's no crying in baseball, but my style made a lot of coaches cry. I couldn't field and I couldn't hit. But I sure love the game and went out for baseball right on through Legion ball ... even if I did ride pine the entire time.

Sport: Basketball.

Style: I scared a lot of opponents -- and teammates -- just because I was such a clutz, they didn't know if I'd fall on them or what.

Sport: Pinochle.

Style: Hey, if ESPN can televise poker ...

Position: F/S

Style: EXCELLENT run stopper, not-so-good on coverage, but a viciously feared hitter. Also a tad bit of dirty hitting i.e. John Lynch

Mostly Resembles: John Lynch.

I play goalie in hockey. I am used to being a righthanded baseball/softball player, but shoot right with hockey. Being comfortable with using my left hand to catch won out. So I do the CuJo stick switch when handling the puck (which means, instead of sliding my blocker hand up to the end of the stick and using the glove at the top of the paddle, I rotate the stick and use the glove up at the top of the handle). Like CuJo, my puck handling skills are lacking. I am more of a stand-up goalie like Mike Vernon and John Vanbiesbrouck, having a good glove, but having a tendancy to give up goals in the five-hole.

Hey Winghaz, I can understand your pain. I ruptured by Achilles last year early in the tennis season. Hated not being able to play. My serve style is most like McEnroe, but I try to play more of a net game like Stefan Edberg used to.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

FOOTBALL: Postion: Offensive Guard.

Play Style: Ummm...any hardworking offensive linemen that got zero credit...aka any of them.

BASEBALL: I played catcher and I'm "stocky/fat" in nature. Team leader. I was best defensivly and had a really good arm. My hitting was ok, but nothing spectacular.

Player: Pudge or Yadi Molina.

Hockey: Defensive Forward, my job last season was basically to kill penalty's and sit back while our team was winning. I'm not a big scorer but I led the team in plus/minus. Most resemble:/

Baseball: I only had ten actual at bats last season and went 3 for 10, which is .300 for you math geniuses. Usually I hit these short little tap shots just over the infielders heads or down the third base line. Last season I was the "sixth infielder which means whenever one of the starting infielders goes into pitch, then I take their spot unless they play first or catcher. I was basically the team utility infielder, and when our catcher got on base I pinch ran for him, because he was slow as dirt.

Most Resemble: Jose Oquendo

Tennis: I like to sit back and let the other person make mistakes. The only person I ever play with though is my buddy from down the block who is on the tennis team, he is so much better than me. So my job is to just give him good balls to hit back to me and work on his swing and stuff like that.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Sport: Golf

Only real sport where I could play decent (got to play free when I worked at a course) because of size. Anyhoo, just started, so not so hot yet. I'm starting to hit straight but have yet to increase distance to a satisfactory level. Short game's just about there, though.

Most resemble: Not quite sure. Much as I'd like to say Tiger Woods, I'm nowhere close. I'll come back to this part.

Wannabe Sport: Football; Position: SB (scat-back)

Size: 5'9" 160 lbs

I'm built like a RB, seeing as I all my strength's in my legs. Got the eye and the instincts, just not quite the speed or agility.

Most resemble: Sirr Parker (former Texas A&M back; scored winning TD in double-OT in 1998 Big 12 championship against heavily-favored Kansas State)

Most want to resemble: Emmitt Smith

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived